:newb:

-

Nonie

1969 Dodge Dart Base Seda
Reaction score
1969 Dodge Dart, 225 Slant 6.

looking for recommendations for a carburetor. Has a useless Holley.

Welcome aboard!

A Holley isn't bad if the throttle shafts are not toast, but that goes with nearly any carb AFB's aside. =),

Welcome to the site. I'm a couple hours north of you in Parksville. Lets see some pics of the Dart. Oh, I've got a few slant 6's with carbs on them if you can't figure yours out.

WELCOME! Holleys are the way to go in my book, anyways forget messing with that carb and swap out to a nice small block! ;) Welcome again.

Welcome to the site. I'm a couple hours north of you in Parksville. Lets see some pics of the Dart. Oh, I've got a few slant 6's with carbs on them if you can't figure yours out.

Hi Mike, I think we may have run into you at the Lordco on a parts run a while back.

Couple photos of our Dart. Still very much a work in progress, trying to work from the ground up. Next big project is the front suspension. Looking at converting to disc brakes in the front. There is a loud clunk in the front passenger side from time to time. It looks like the driver's side was replaced or rebuilt previously, but the passenger side, the bushings appear to be well past done.

Mike do you have any recommendations for anyone on the island for an engine rebuild?

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Appreciate any information.

Attachments

• P1070200 half 2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 77
  • 16341138_640 half.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 74
  • CIMG6515 half 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 79
I remember that car. I'm pretty sure you gave me a list of needed parts, but I lost your #.

I had Steve at SWB Engines in Qualicum do my 340, but he took a long time. Did a great job on the engine though.

There's also Thompson Machining in Nanaimo, they have a good reputation. I'm not sure of anything in Victoria.

We are also looking to get the car re-wired at some point. Has anyone undertaken that task? We had a stereo in the car for a bit, but it seemed to be too much, kept getting a hot plastic smell,and there seem to be other wiring issues. Bit of a mess with electrical tape and all in there. I am wondering how much it would cost to have it rewired?

We have an issue with the instrument cluster lights, not sure if it is just a burnt out bulb, the circuit board, or a wiring problem. Anyone have experience with that issue?

I pulled my cluster out of the dash to fix my fuel gauge. The cluster is supposed to be grounded through the screws that hold it to the frame, however after years of leaky wiper seals and everything else, it wasn't properly grounded anymore.
I ran a separate ground lead back there, and made it long enough so I could easily pull the cluster with it attached.
I used a ring type Stakon on each end, and screwed one end to the dash frame with a self tapping screw, and the other end went to one of the screws on the back of the cluster which hold the printed circuit board to the cluster - that's a grounding screw as well as a mounting screw.
Not only did my fuel gauge start working, but all my dash lights worked for the first time in 10 years as well.

As for wiring, you can buy the kits and struggle through them, or you can just buy a used harness which is much less confusing, and cheaper.

I've got a 69 Dart 4 door parts car with a good uncut dash harness if you need.

Mike, maybe we can arrange a time to come up and have a look at your 69 4 door parts car.

Any idea what you would be asking for the wiring harness?

Was thinking of making a trip up island on the 23rd.

No idea yet, depends on its condition. I don't want to give a solid price yet and pull it to find out there are cut wires or something.

23rd won't work for me. I'm home from work Oct 16 - 23, however I leave my house at 5 AM on the 23rd to go back to work. We'll be in Victoria on Friday night/Saturday morning, but other than that I'll be home that week.

I have a clunk in the right front of mt dart too. Upon inspection I noticed the bushing in the bottom of the right front shock has broken down and fallen out causing the clunking. You might want to check that.

-
Back