newbi from N.S canada

-

66plyValiant

Reaction score
hello guys I just joined here last week, and already had some help from a fellow member tracking down parts (thanks slantsixdan!) anyways I'm from Nova Scotia Canada lol yes the frozen north! and have been an A body mopar owner for awhile now I love this forum and how easy it is to find parts! my ride is a canadian version of the 1966 dodge dart (1966 plymouth valiant V200) 4 door, had orginal 273 V8 from the factory but now has a good working 318 V8 2 barrel with new electric fuel pump and new carb, has factory power steering and power door locks, as well as a power truck lock I added from a chrysler fifth avenue all around shes a pretty decent car but needs a little work lots of new parts though!, pics to come soon, still in winter storage at the moment

Welcome aboard from the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. It has been many years since I travelled through Nova Scotia and Cape Breton on my way out to "Da Rock". I rather enjoyed my limited time out there.

Welcome to FABO!

I work with quite a few people from Nova Scotia in the oil fields up north Alberta. Do you know anyone who left home to work in Alberta oil? I might know them.

Oh, lets see some pics!

Welcome to FABO!

I work with quite a few people from Nova Scotia in the oil fields up north Alberta. Do you know anyone who left home to work in Alberta oil? I might know them.

Oh, lets see some pics!

actually my older brother left the east coast to go to vancouver for the navy and lots of other people from my comunity left as well in search of the big dollar, pics soon guys shes not outta storage yet lol

Not sure where in Hants Counts you live but it is almost 50 in Mahaone bay and Port Williams :)

Where in Hants county do ya live..I amy have some /6 stuff for you later.

Oh, welcome aboard and if you are under 22(I think) don't forget to join the young guns thread.

:worthles:

Grassy

PS - I see you like Motul..you run a mx bike ?

Not sure where in Hants Counts you live but it is almost 50 in Mahaone bay and Port Williams :)

Where in Hants county do ya live..I amy have some /6 stuff for you later.

Oh, welcome aboard and if you are under 22(I think) don't forget to join the young guns thread.

:worthles:

Grassy

PS - I see you like Motul..you run a mx bike ?

I live just outside windsor N.S between me and my family we have a couple of /6's in the F body cars, also had some stuff advertised on the local website kijiji for a 65 valiant 2 door, just put that motul advertisement on there cause it says blinker fluid lol if you have anything of interest for A bodies and live in NS send a pm more into the V8 A body parts

Hey there we're down that quite a bit in the summer as my M.I.L.lives in middleton,might see you this summer,we're hoping to see Grassy too.

Welcome from southern B.C! This is the best sight with the best folks.Your gonna love it here...

BigDemo..long time, no talk :)

Atr you going to be able to the the Nats in Moncton..the last time we were talking, I think you said you were trying..

Ian.

Trying to move home this year,maybe July,then work for Daewoo if I can.

..another Mopar guy in NS will be a good thing,..getting tired of Ft. Mac. ?

66Ply - I pm'ed ya..

Ian :)

I belive they are factory power locks, as well as the power steering but I may be wrong they were in it when I got it, although the door locks where the key goes in themselves are from an M body (diplomat) couldnt find a good set of locks to fit it and I dont like to leave cars unlocked so I took the locks out of a diplomat and used the rod that goes on the back of the lock cylinder from the orginal one, also the complete wiring harness under the hood is from a 1979 dodge truck with electronic ignition, fit almost to "T" just uncliped the male connections from inside the bulkhead connetor and pluged them into the proper ones on the Valiant, no messy cutting at all and the electronic ignition is very reliable! and way cheaper than trying to buy a factory fit one with electronic ignition

I belive they are factory power locks

They aren't. Power locks were never offered on the Dart or Valiant in the US or Canada. Are yours the variety where you pull up on the driver's door lock knob to unlock all the doors, or push down on it to lock them all? If so, somebody swapped them in from another Mopar.

although the door locks where the key goes in themselves are from an M body (diplomat)

Same locks as '66-up A-body.

they each have a power door lock switch on each door near the front, looks really nice actually, push the door lock button down and they all lock, push it up and they all unlock, the switches are set into the door and the door pannels have a square hole in them to accept the switch the switches are chrome

Those'll be aftermarket power locks, probably purchased from JC Whitney or a similar source and using '80s-style GM power lock/power window switches.

lol didnt know there were so many canadians on here! yes the frozen east lol that is abnormally not too frozen this year

Those'll be aftermarket power locks, probably purchased from JC Whitney or a similar source and using '80s-style GM power lock/power window switches.

I think I have seen the simular switches from NAPA they did a good job installing them, I'm not going for the factory thing any way after all it is a 4 door car so might as well have a few cool things in it, was thinking about putting TBI and a remote starter on it for awhile but that was before the electronic ignition swap and new 2 barrel and before it ran good and dependable

-
Back