Newbie (1973 Duster)

-

lostcuda

Reaction score
New to the site and I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Florida and am an avid car guy particularly late 60's early 70's cars. I have owned many with my favorite being a 71 Cuda that I stupidly sold back in the day. Since I retired from the military I have been able to get back into my favorite hobby. I will probably get some flack on this but since I like all older makes I currently have a restored 1970 Monte Carlo SS with a 496 and a 1968 Cougar XR-7 with a J-code 302.
Back to Mopars, my nephew purchased a 1973 Space Duster with a 225 six, automatic tranny with non-power drum brakes (pics below). This is a very cool car and very little rust. The car was purchased in northern Georgia from a collector/restoration shop and driven 6 hours on the day it was purchased to it's home in Florida. I have vowed to teach and help my nephew restore the car so he may enjoy it for many years to come. He is in high school and receives a huge mix of comments from "very cool car" to "old beater" from the generation that hasn't been exposed to these types of cars. We have been working on it since he bought it and found a partial build sheet under the rear seat. I noticed parts aren't all that easy to find for this car and I have listed some stuff under the "Parts Wanted" section of this site. I am working on getting him to sign onto this site which seems to be one of the better A-Body/Duster sites so he can post and learn along with me on this car.
Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to posting with you all!

Mike :newb:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn194/mccuda/duster2_zpsa09b81ff.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn194/mccuda/74DusterEngine_zps32debaf6.jpg

Welcome to FABO!We have many young guns here(guys and gals)buying/fixing/driving all kinds of Dusters,Darts and Early-A and second generation Barracuda,s.Show your nephew the site and get him to flip through some of the restoration threads(so many to choose from)also the for Sale forum for any parts needed.Lots of tech/body/drivetrain experts here to help.Then get him to join!LOL.Some guys here love to figure your problems out for you(car related)Enjoy!:D

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I have to say that I am really liking this place. I have received numerous PM's from members helping me find the parts I need. I have only been on this site for 1 day so that is saying a lot about the people here.

Mike

-
Back