newbie, 1975 scamp

-

Dieseldog

Reaction score
Just picked up a 1975 scamp for a project car for my son and I. It came with a slant 6 with the upgraded intake manifold holding a 4 barrel carb. Has the split gurgle pipes and has been lowered in the front with new shocks in the rear. I'm not sure if I should rebuild the 6 or drop in a 318. would like to build a simple muscle car without doing a complete body off restoration.
Parts seem to be a challenge here in B.C. and don't really want to buy a doner car.
Any suggestions ?:violent1:

Welcome -- Lots of Mopar and other automotive knowledge here. - Good and helpful people here, also.

Welcome! Post some pics of your Scamp! What kind of parts are you after? Mechanical or body parts?

I've got a 75 Scamp I restored a few years ago and am also in the Lower Mainland.

welcome to the site. i can find anything you will need for the scamp. shoot me a list of parts and ill find the stuff you need. sending ya a couple pics of my 74 dart.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 022.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 170
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Smokin ride bigus1949 ! love the mopar trailer wheels. Im being taunted by my buds to lose the 6 and put in a 8cyl. You make it really hard now...nice work!!! I will counsel and re visit my $ and time. What kind of horsepower does the dart throw?

Hey, welcome from kelowna!

Conversion to big or small block really isn't that big of a deal and parts are around. Definitely more bang for your buck.

If you need help this ask here, we will point you in the right direction.

Cheers

i actually havent dinoed the car but i was told its putting out 230 hp

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 139
Welcome to FABO, I'm from Cranbrook, B.C. originally.
I still own some property there and i keep my cars and parts there as well, but i live in Lethbridge, Alberta.
P.M. me if you need some parts, i might have what you need.

Just picked up a 1975 scamp for a project car for my son and I. It came with a slant 6 with the upgraded intake manifold holding a 4 barrel carb. Has the split gurgle pipes and has been lowered in the front with new shocks in the rear. I'm not sure if I should rebuild the 6 or drop in a 318. would like to build a simple muscle car without doing a complete body off restoration.
Parts seem to be a challenge here in B.C. and don't really want to buy a doner car.
Any suggestions ?:violent1:

Welcome from the Island eh ! Don't kid yourself there's tons of parts here in BC you just have to meet some of the Hoarders LOL , Vlady in PoCo has all kinds of stuff and if he doesn't have it he knows who does .

Thanks again, looks like I will be putting a 1970 318 with a mild cam , 650 holly, and the 904 it's bolted to. I found out the slant 6 trans won't work. I'm picking up engine today. I'll post pics sometime later today.
Peace.

-
Back