newbie-72 scamp

-

DOMINANTmopar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just picked up a 1972 plymouth scamp and figured I should join another website. LOL.

The car is pretty solid but does need some TLC, mostly in terms of body work, but it is a good restorable ride. Here's what it is.

f3 paint, had vinyl top
bench seats
318 0.040 over, 508/292 cam
780 cfm holley, dual feed
3'' exhaust and headers
727 trans
8 3/4 rear with 3.23 gear
rally wheels
frame tied
rear springs relocated 3''
trans cooler
aluminum radiator
msd ignition
B&M shifter with forward manual valve body

anybody have a really nice right front side marker lens or drivers side turn signal lens? Oh, and a cluster in really nice shape.

I'm not quite sure how far I want to go to restore it since I just restored a 70 coronet to show quality a month ago, but I will take good care of it and drive it as much as possible. I don't think i can convince the wife to loosen up the purse strings more to go show quality again back to back. We will see. I really want to restore it for my wife to drive, but of course I would drive it mostly. It's a surprise. lol

Can someone please give me a quick run down on what other cars will have replacement parts for my car? Interior/dash, trim and sheet metal.And what years. thanks

I am looking forward to talking with you guys and learning more about A bodies and my ride in particular.

-mike

Attachments

• 2011-10-24 16.16.04.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 2011-10-24 16.16.33.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 148
  • 2011-04-11_14-47-19_305-Copy.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 2011-04-11_14-47-46_422-Copy.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 159
Welcome to FABO. Check out the minivans,mid 80s on up.If not,I have a 10 year old set available.(shaved my markers off)

Nice Scamp!!!! Somebody did the same thing to yours that was done to mine...... swap the marker lights in the grille side to side!!!! I can check my box of extra parts and see if I have an extra marker light for ya........ As far as sheetmetal, 70-72 duster for the front sheetmetal, 70-76 dart fromthe doors back, pretty much anything from 70-76 dart for interior..... Welcome to FABO!!!

Yes that cam is way too big. It does sound awesome though. The car loads up at lights and is a ***** to drive, so that is the first thing that is going. After that I will go to a smaller carb to make the car more streetable. Probably a 600 instead of a 780.

kaytbugsdad - I would be interested in the side marker. Let me know.

thank you guys for the warm welcome. I have just started restoring the grill. I have to clean it up, strip the paint, strip the anodized so I can polish the aluminum, replace a couple fins in the grill and then repaint. I will post some pics of my progress.

Thanks again all.

Welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here!
Nice looking Scamp. Pics show two different sets of wheels on it. What's on there now? Looks like it will be a sweet ride.

Good Eye OCDART. Yes the car now has the ralleye wheels which I like better. I need two centers though.

I am told the car was built in Hamtramck, but I don't know if the car spent most of its life in michigan. There are a lot of darts and scamps in my area. Most of them are very solid cars too, but most of them are /6's. I guess that is not a surprise since we have the biggest car cruise in the world. At least that is what I have heard.

-
Back