newbie from new york

-

SirDan

Reaction score
ive got a 73 dart swinger 318 automatic. it only needs minor work and i will be driving it. I have bought a 833 for the car and i have everything i need to swap that in i just need to rebuild the tranny. im basicaly looking to make it a fun car... a very fun car. 8 3/4 suregrip will come in the future. id like to use the 318 for a bit then perhaps put something else in. A new hemi would make a cool swap. but im in college so money limits my dreams. ive been slowly gathering parts up for this car. hopefully by the end of the summer i can have it on the road with the 4 speed in it. i just spent about 4 hours on the forums reading. there are so many articles and so many helpfull people. there are actualy a few people around where i live (long island) maybe ive even seen their cars at one of the car shows out here! anyway this is an amazing place im glad ive found it.

oh and heres my dart
100_2059.jpg

Welcome SirDan! Car looks great. Cant wait to see the changes you are going to make. Keep us posted.

Welcome to FABO. Your dart looks pretty rust free for a NY car. Good luck with it.

small world......huntington aint that far away dart looks good man

Welcome to the FABO group, if you have questions ask away.....somebody will have the right answer, its almost like a bumper to bumper waranty

small world......huntington aint that far away dart looks good man
nope its pretty close. since you live on the island id like to ask you, how do you find out about car shows? i know the ones where you meet at a parking lot are word of mouth but what about the like "official" car shows. The only one i know about is the one they have at flowerfeild. oh it looks like they are guna have a show june 7th. the dart wont be drivable by then maybe i can put my other car in the showing like i did last time. its nice to know there are people around here on here. more places to look for parts :toothy10:

Welcome SirDan, Glad to have you on board with us.

Welcome aboard. As you've already found out, there is alot of information floating around here. Good luck with your project.

-
Back