Newbie From Pennsie

-

Swingrrr

Reaction score
Hey everyone! This forum is awesome. I've been reading everyones posts for the last few weeks and decided to join on!

On my bucket list is to restore this '71 Swinger. It's a long sentimental story that I won't bore you with... Ha ha!

I can do some stuff but like many others here I may need a few words of wisdom from the high council of FABO!

It shouldn't take much. Garaged most of it's life. Everything looks solid underneath. Nothing real major. Replacing the rear quarters and housings obviously. Vinyl top needs replacing. (I will NOT attempt that!) Paint and trim of course. 225. I'm keeper her a creampuff. Front bench seat and headrests needs some TLC other than that inside is real nice. Backseat is pristine. Got a rechromed rear bumper ready to go. Will rechrome the front when money is available.

So, I'm a little confused about this variation of rimblow steering wheel (S83?). Don't think it's original to this car. (And it's cracked and got no rim blowin capabilities. THAT blows..) Any thoughts on what's goin on here? Could it have been original to a 71 Swinger? Who restores these and can anyone recommend a good Rimblow restorer?

Thanks!
View attachment 170513View attachment 170515
View attachment 170514View attachment 170512

Nice ride, I like the all green cars.

I'd bolt an aftermkt tuff wheel on it because to restore that rimblow will blow all your money.

Welcome to FABO!

My dad bought a '71 Swinger new....had that same steering wheel.

In fact if you put blue where yours is green, you would have his car.

I like the green

Nice Ride, pretty clean for a Pa car! Rimblow is probably original...and the switch might still be available. There are a few people that restore steering wheels that could do that, but I'm not sure how much! Good luck!

Welcome to FABO from another '71 Dart owner.
Steering Wheels By Mike restores wheels, including Rim-Blos, and at some point I'll be sending him mine. I'd say yours is in about normal shape for as old as it is.
BTW, lived in Palmer Twp. from '91-'97. Used to be a Diver with the local Water Rescue Unit in Easton. Small world.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It feels good to be here. I have to tell you all I've completely fallen in love with this car. Not sure what it is about it, the family history, it's overshadowed place in the Mopar world, I don't know maybe I'm just a geek who loves things not everyone else loves. I strangely feel like I've been chosen to save it from it being a parts car or worse yet, the scrap heap. I love this Dart. She has my full attention! Ha ha! (Oh yeah... she's Canadian!)

Thanks also for the Rimblow info and suggestions. I'll probably keep it in place until I can afford a resto. For now I'll be concentrating on quarter panel patches and wheel housings! :happy10:

I'll post more pics as the process moves along! 8)

(340_dart_power, I'll seek out Steering Wheels By Mike and post info as it comes to me. P.S. I'm by the old Starlight Drive In in Palmer Twp as well! Small world indeed!!)

Sweet car! If you want to keep the 225, you can also check out slantsix.org for a ton of info on the slant.

Welcome aboard! Great opening posts and a sense of humor are going to get you far here. :-D Make yourself at home and enjoy.

HEY another A-body Guy in the Lehigh Valley! There's a few good junkyards around here with alot of parts for your dart

-
Back