newbie from South Carolina

-

holeshot

Reaction score
I'm starting a 70 duster build, i purchased a project that someone else had started, they were going to make it a full time drag car. they had already tied the frame, 6 point cage, disc brake front end, 8 3/4 sure grip and pretty much lost interest. the good thing is they didn't take it past the point of no return to the street, so I'm going to keep all mods for now and build it as a pro St. Car. I guess my biggest decision now is to go BB or SB. And after reading on here for the last two nites I'm still undecided. Lol just looking to run some mid to high 11's on motor, so nothing either one couldn't handle with ease. thanks for all the great info so far.

Thanks guys for all the welcomes, its good seeing and following all the projects and the finished rides. I will have to get some pics of mine on here before and during the build.

Welcome to FABO, stationed in Hawaii but from Texas. What part of SC you from?

High 11s N/A from a Duster? Look up aarcuda...he has several cars that all run in the 10s with N/A 360s, so high 11s can be done in a street car with a small block. Lots of ways to do it...

Good luck regardless of what you choose to do with it--post pictures, tell us what you're up to, have fun, enjoy the threads!

Sorry for the slow response, been out of town for a few days working. I'm from Columbia SC , the state thats been getting all the bad publicity lately in the news. But back to a more positive subject, the Duster is going small block, a friend has giving me a 360 core and has some other parts available for sale cheap for my build, that and the header issues I've been reading about just made my decision that much easier. And another friend has a set of magnum heads he was running on his stroker motor but recently upgraded to aluminum, so he's unloading the mags for $300 ready to go with new springs, locks, bigger valves, port work etc. With maybe 20 passes on them since worked, only thing I will have to do is buy the parts so they will work on my LA block.

Welcome to FABO, stationed in Hawaii but from Texas. What part of SC you from?

High 11s N/A from a Duster? Look up aarcuda...he has several cars that all run in the 10s with N/A 360s, so high 11s can be done in a street car with a small block. Lots of ways to do it...

Good luck regardless of what you choose to do with it--post pictures, tell us what you're up to, have fun, enjoy the threads!

First thought,on his comments.. Welcome!

Sorry for the slow response, been out of town for a few days working. I'm from Columbia SC , the state thats been getting all the bad publicity lately in the news. But back to a more positive subject, the Duster is going small block, a friend has giving me a 360 core and has some other parts available for sale cheap for my build, that and the header issues I've been reading about just made my decision that much easier. And another friend has a set of magnum heads he was running on his stroker motor but recently upgraded to aluminum, so he's unloading the mags for $300 ready to go with new springs, locks, bigger valves, port work etc. With maybe 20 passes on them since worked, only thing I will have to do is buy the parts so they will work on my LA block.

No worries man--my better half is from Greenville, her Aunt lives in Columbia. FWIW though, SC has handled itself very well given the situations that come out of there lately--a credit to its residents IMHO.

So a magnum headed 360-sounds decent--great price too if they're up to snuff. Are you planning on upgrading the rocker gear? I've contemplated buying the Hughes rockers for my 5.2...might not really be worth much in it's stock tune, but if I slid in a different grind it might be a little more worthwhile. You just need the proper pushrods, bolts, and intake. You can actually use the LA valve covers if you really want to. I will say this though, that new magnum intake makes the coolant bypass tube...fun...to install; unless you find a better fitting.

Thanks guys, small world some of you guy are just up the road from me. from what I've been reading on here, it seems the magnum heads are the way to go over any other stock LA head as far as flow #s. But what's got my attention is some of the #s these guys are running with these stock bottom end magnum motors in an Abody is pretty impressive. Seems the more I read, the more choices I got to make for my combo. Well I got the heads anyway, for $300 and they are ready to go still in the plastic bags from a local machine shop here in town that does good work.

-
Back