Newbie here-My Duster won at ISCA Show!!!

-

mopar155

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself and post some photos. I must admit I have been an E-Body guy but my son has a 70 Dart Swinger 340 4 Speed Car. I have always loved his Dart. Last October I finally scored an In-Violet 1970 Duster thatI had been trying to buy for the last 8 years. The 82 year old female original owner finally gave in and sold me her "Baby" with only 56,000 original miles. We began restoring it in April 2008 and got it finished about 2 weeks ago. We entered it in The Cavalcade of Customs in Cincinnati and ended up winning BEST in class at the ISCA sanctioned show. Needless to say I'm very proud and anxious to share with fellow Mopar Enthusiasts. I'm adding a link to the photos (Or should I say my wife is) since I can't work a computer for the life of me. I hope you enjoy the photos and maybe later I can get the wife to post the restoration photos. Take care and I hope to be talking with you guys more in the future, Ron Wietholter Florence Ky http://picasaweb.google.com/ericdouglaswills1967/RonKathySDuster?authkey=GrxNuYzg4z0#

Ron,
I can see why you won! That is a beautiful Duster. Can't wait to see the restore pics.
C

Aloha! Great job on the show...what a great restore! You earned the win! NICE!

and...welcome to the site!

Thanks for the comlpiments guys I really appreciate them, Ron

Vary nice, more pics. also like Casey said how about the swinger as well!!

Very nice, looks just like mine except it has perfect paint, body and interior, no rust or dents and probably runs :-D

I was at cavalcade and noticed your duster right away. It is absolutely beautiful! I personally believe they had you in a crappy spot, you should have been out front and taken a camaro's spot!

Thanks for all the compliments guys- I will try and get the wife to post some of the original pictures when I picked it up from Ms. Donovan and prior to it's restoration. It was an unbelievably solid car since it spent 99% of it's life in a garage. I guess it's true- they are still out there. I was blessed to have found this one. P.S.- for those of you who have asked I'll also try and have pics of my son's 70 Dart Swinger 340 4 speed car posted. It is dark green with the white bumble bee stripe. Take care guys ! ,, Ron

Holy snikeees! Thats a beauty!

Would you be willing to divulge what you picked it up from the lady for money wise? Also, what engine is that?

Cant wait to see some restoration pics!

Shadango- I kept the drivetrain all original so it's only a 318 car but I absolutely love it. I've got a 71 Challenger that is a ground pounder ,so I wanted to keep this one pretty basic.That way when I want to jump in and drive 2 hours to the Nats it will be a nice inexpensive road trip. I ended up giving her $1500.00 for the Duster. (She originally only wanted $600.00- that's what the registration showed slip showed the value as). I couldn't do that to her. She is pretty awesome-When the weather breaks I'm going to take it back to her for some pictures and a ride. Take care, Ron

Ron, that's absolutely amazing work! Doing a big curtsey and tossin a wave in welcome to you from northwest Tennessee. We're thrilled to have you and all your talent aboard. (You're kinda my neighbor too!)

Welcome to FABO! That is a very nice Duster. Would love to see some pics of your sons Dart as well.

-
Back