Newbie Here/ Old School MoPar Street Racer

-

cudamax2343

Reaction score
Glad to have found this place. Hello Everyone I've owned a 69 GTS 4spd/ 1970 Cuda 440-6pac 4spd original rare Black Car/69 Dart Rag top/1971 GTX Roadrunner and a 68 426 Street Hemi with an old ClutchFlite Trans and a 1970 340 TA Motor and a Shop full of parts.
I've got a Million Stories and know a lot about these old Mopars

Glad to have found this place. Hello Everyone I've owned a 69 GTS 4spd/ 1970 Cuda 440-6pac 4spd original rare Black Car/69 Dart Rag top/1971 GTX Roadrunner and a 68 426 Street Hemi with an old ClutchFlite Trans and a 1970 340 TA Motor and a Shop full of parts.
I've got a Million Stories and know a lot about these old Mopars

tell us all about the clutchflite , always interested in them!----bob

Welcome to the site CudaMax . Wow you are old school , I haven't heard anyone mention a ClutchFlite in years . I did one in a 70 440 Challenger for someone waaaay back when .

Welcome to the site. What took you so long to get here?

Clutchflite! Your a old geezer like me that's for damn sure. Welcome from N Fla.

That's quite the collection of cars! Sounds like some rare ones you have collected! Welcome!

tell us all about the clutchflite , always interested in them!----bob
Well Long, Long time ago. I would run a round town in my 69 GTS with the 340 4spd and run a few cars , mainly big block chevys, and loose a little. Then on big hitter grudge night when everyone was running for money and this was a big deal. We had spotters with radios and flashlights. I would show up with my 68 426 Hemi and the Clutchflite under the hood and clean up. No one would ever pop their hoods.
With the Hemi and the Clutchflite with 488 in the 68 Banjo after the 3rd weekend. Shattered the rear window glass, twisted and crinkled the rear of the car's rear quarter panels and in the rear floor boards where one would sit in the back and put their feet, real bad.
It popped up the floor boards about 6 inches all over place. Couldn't even get the rear seat out or open both doors From hooking rear hard and lifting the front wheels.
Anyways Back then it was real nice to be able to bring her up to 6200 rpm on a launch and then go back and do a 6300 rpm and then a 6400 rpm, ect. And I remember shifting 2nd & 3rd and the damn thing sounded like it was Breaking **** it was Hitting soo hard. Even at about 3500 rpm the clutchflite hits harder than anything, even 4spd Slick Shift at full throttle. Ran a lot of those too, with every other tooth ground off of the sncro's.
Something about removing a Torque Converter from a Auto makes-em hit real Hard. Almost too hard and it destroys Input shafts. I had 3 of them and would tear into each of them every 4 runs, because they were known for Blowing up and thats why they were banned. Sold the other 2 and have hung on to my last one for over 30yrs Just sitting on the Floor

That's quite the collection of cars! Sounds like some rare ones you have collected! Welcome!

Thanxs Man and I love ur car. Brings back a lot of Memories. I had one in the original paint that was a copper/Gold color. Was my first car. Kept it a long while and turned it into a Feared runner

That's a great question "62Furious" ! Lets see some pictures ! Your War stories are bringing back a lot of Memory's for me "CudaMax" !

-
Back