Newbie w/ '67 Cuda in CA

-

blano86

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought a 1967 Cuda notchback with a 340 V8. I do not know much about mopar but would like to learn. I will have a boat load of questions. Hopefully you mopar experts will help a newbie out.

I know that the 340 is not original to the car. and that the car is setup for A/C. Where could I find parts for the interior/exterior and engine for this cuda? Are there any websites or catalogs that I definitely need to know about, (besides this cool forum)?

It needs a lot of TLC but I am willing to get it back in shape. How good are the 340 engines and where can I find the VIN # for the engine?

A funny note is that the carb is on top of a wooden spacer! Has anyone ran into this before? Well, it runs and is fun to drive.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Here are some pics of my new cuda.

100_1952.jpg

100_1951.jpg

100_1948.jpg

100_1947.jpg

100_1946.jpg

100_1945.jpg

100_1944.jpg

100_1953.jpg

Welcome! Beautiful '67, congratulations, you scored. I'm no tech but anybody knows there's nothing else like a 340, it is legendary. As far as other sites go, you probably won't need another site besides FABO. Enjoy!

Welcome to FABO! you will learn a lot about that nice Cuda of yours around here, just ask. As for the 340 it is an awesome small block engine.

Welcome to FABO. Dig the notchback! You'll be happy to know that wooden carb spacers are pretty common, and are considered to be the best working because they don't transfer heat like plastic or metal ones.

Engine vin should be on a machined spot on the block on the passenger side just above the oil pan. Right by the motor mount.

Welcome........ nice car!! Unless you plan on having it judged in a National Show, local show folks would not know the difference, the 340 already in the car!!! with air!!!! thats a big plus !!

Engine vin should be on a machined spot on the block on the passenger side just above the oil pan. Right by the motor mount.

Welcome aboard,

I'm pretty sure 1967 or 1968 was a transitional year for adding vin#s to the motor and trans. It may be that your car doesn't have the Vin# stamped on the motor and trans. My 1968 car had the number on the engine and trans. by the bellhousing in about the 11:00 o clock position looking at engine from the back. You would have to look between the driver side valve cover and firewall to see it if that area is not covered with dirt and oil.

Later model cars or engines after 1968 would be as 4spddragtop has indicated.

The wood spacer is used to keep the engine heat from soaking in to the caburetor. Racing trick or had fuel vapor lock problems with the car.

were 340s ever painted blue...did you double check to make sure it's not a 318 or a 360.

Nice car.

Welcome to Fabo! You really scored with that car, it has all the hard to find pieces in very nice shape. The trunk lid moldings look perfect.

I have seen wood spacers before, they do a great job of heat insulation, but don't hold up too well. Most people use phenolic though.

Welcome aboard. FABO is awesome, But there is a model specific group called Barracuda Owners Group or BOG for short. They only serve the 67-69 Barracuda. Do a google search. Lots of info to be had as well as parts and knowledge from those folks. Alot of the BOG members are here on FABO too, Me included!

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Nice cuda! It seems to be well equipped. It has a passenger-side mirror, the interior wooden decor package, and rear door panel armrests which are not often seen on '67s.

Well...anyhow...welcome to the forum!

Rob

That looks like a nicely optioned interior, great score, you should pat yourself on the back with that one.

yes, you will have to look no further as you have definitely come to the right forum for that car.

One thing you should do is edit your post and drag that last photo underneath the other two to get the page to format better.

You can get most of your interior parts and resto stuff from Year-One.

Just ask as many questions as you like, you will get the answers you need and will learn a pantload of info on your car.

Sweet fish! Nice interior! :D
Looks like a fun small block project. Congrats!

Welcome, and I agree - NICE CAR! I can't believe how nice the door panels and seats are and I am really envious of that flip-open gas cap. Wooden spacers are IMHO better than aluminum or phenolic, but beware home made or old/cracked ones.

Right on, I saw that car for sale at the swap meet in sacramento, looks reallly nice just needs some body work. It took everything I had to not to buy it! Good score and have fun with it I know I have fun with mine!

car 045.jpg

-
Back