Newbie with a 67 Dart GT

-

OttawaDartGT

Reaction score
Hey FABO,

New member here from Ottawa, picked up this 67 GT a few weeks ago, it was suppose to be a "drive anywhere" car but it barely made it home....As I try to repair it myself I have been lurking on FABO and figured I should join. I'm learning a lot in just a few weeks of ownership, this is my first carbureted vehicle. For some reason when my car gets to temp and is in gear it stalls, will keep running in park and neutral but stalls in gear...wish me luck!

Dgt1.jpg

Welcome aboard. Mine will never be that nice!!

I would do a major tuneup. What engine do you have?

Compression, leakdown test, find out if it has adjustable valves, examine plugs and change if necessary, check wires, cap rotor, points, condenser, or whatever ignition system is there, and set / check timing. They after warming it up, attempt to adust carb idle. Speed and mixture.

You can download a factory service manual, free, from MyMopar.com

Welcome aboard. Mine will never be that nice!!

I would do a major tuneup. What engine do you have?

Compression, leakdown test, find out if it has adjustable valves, examine plugs and change if necessary, check wires, cap rotor, points, condenser, or whatever ignition system is there, and set / check timing. They after warming it up, attempt to adust carb idle. Speed and mixture.

You can download a factory service manual, free, from MyMopar.com
It’s a 273 auto, thanks for the reply, I did get a printed version of the factory manual and have started to go through it. I haven’t done a compression or leak down test yet, I need to get some gauges and a timing light. I’ve started ordering parts to tune it up and look forward to learning it, hopefully it’s something easy.

Great tuneup advice above. The other thing I would check for, is vacuum leaks.

PS: Welcome to the site.

-
Back