-

Duster 413

Reaction score
Hello All!

Nice looking site ya got here! I'm a regular at bigblockdart.com, just curious to expand my A-body avenues, and this looked like a good place to start.....

Welcome :cheers: We like all sorts of a-bodies and Mopars in general. Hope you have time to stop in often and enjoy the site :thumrigh:

welcome. ive been here since right before i bought my car, and they have provided nothing but help and excellent knowledge.

You welcomed me when i joined bigblockdart so i guess turn about is fair play,so welcome aboard were glad to have you! :D

Welcome, to the sight I myself have just joined 2 weeks ago and everyone is a world full of insight and valuable info. I just picked my hemi-orange 70 Duster a few monthes ago it is a 340 4spd with no options
no a/c, no power steering, no power brakes, and the foot pump window
washer squirter & only a 2 speed fan motor. I've been out of the mopars for a couple years and it is great to get back in.
I bought my Duster off an 83 year old women who's husband just passed
they were the original owners, picked it up for a mere $3000.00.
1 month after , she passed , so I could'nt get any more info on it.
Anyhow, Welcome aboard and enjoy!

Thanks Guys! Here are a couple of pics of the Duster the day I brought it home. (Feb.04)-

N1.jpg

N2.jpg

Yeah, it was pretty rough....I paid $100 for it, it was a Sharktooth grille with remnants of a car attached to it...LOL

Here's my '65 413 that's sitting in it now for mock-up and fabrication purposes-

N3.jpg

I still have a long way to go with the car, but I'm chipping away at it.....

N1.jpg

N2.jpg

N3.jpg

Parting it out? Not a chance! :lol: A local guy has one with a couple of missing teeth and no headlight rings....I can ask what he wants for it if you like....

Yeah, please...I just need some signal lenses. I have a few leads on some right now, but I'm waiting for answers and offers. So, if the lenses are good, I could use a pair!!

I hear ya on parting it out...it looks way to nice for that. I'd have a hard time parting out any car unless it was way too far gone to save. Some people do though, just to make the money off of it and get it out of thier yard!! Didn't mean to offend you if I did...was just checking. :D

Thanks!!

Mike

so what motor you ging with the 413 or something else. You said the 413 was just for mock up. Nice to see another souther boy on the site. I am actually from mobile and will be moving back home in afew months.

Sicktcuda:

I plan doing a little of both racing at the track and a few shows here and

there I've been tryin to find a another 340 to stroke and slap it in and
keep the #'s matching block on the stand. 340's are hard to find at the boneyards I have buddies that call me as soon a mopar truck, van, etc. arrive at there yards. I can get 318's & 360's all day long but Iwant to stick with a 340, and I don't want to have to pay 1300 bucks for a block
from some of the after market places. I will set up some pictures of it soon my computer is kind of primitive but I am working on it :D

No, I'm sticking with the 413. It's built and ready to go. What I meant by "mock-up" was that I dropped it in so I can do things such as make my A/C hoses, fabricate clutch linkage, etc. while the car is still in the bodywork stages.....All of the things I don't want to have to be doing once the engine compartment is painted.

incar.jpg

incar.jpg

-
Back