Newer plastic style master cylinder

-
Couldn't tell you why, but I've always heard NEVER put a FWD master cylinder on a RWD car. Might be an old wifes tale, but thought I might at least let you know.

from andyF's site...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These adapters are designed to mate the later model aluminum master which started to appear in the 1978 model year and was gradually phased in. There are at least 3 different bore diameters used in RWD vehicles with the 1 1/32 diameter being the most popular. The light trucks used the same design but with a 1 1/8 diameter bore. Mopar Performance also sells complete aluminum master cylinders in two different bore sizes. We are partial to the unit used in the 1985 5th Avenue cars, but most any RWD master cylinder should work. Stay away from FWD car master cylinders. They look the same but many were designed for diagonal braking systems and may be calibrated wrong for your musclecar.[/FONT]

So will the adaptor work with a dual diaphragm power brake booster? I have the smaller booster that will clear bb valve covers and in the interest of weight savings I'd like to combine it with the alum/plastic master.

-
Back