newest question - heater not working and engine overheating

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
i'll take a look tonight to see if the manaual outlines all the hose routing for the 76 318. right now i cant rive more than 5 mins without the temp gage sailing up to the high level. first time there was smoke at the upper rad hose where it meets the rad. second time no smoke but temp gaga still way high.

also now the heater isnt working. i have the 2 big heater hoses hooked up but i dont recall if i hooked up any other sort of hoses. and i did plug a vaccuum port on the back of the manifod - should that be going somewhere ( i think it was going to brake booster but i am not running that)?

doh - always something1

I recently suffered an overheating problem myself. The thermostat was sticking, and the water pump was shot. I wouldn't think that a vacuum hose would have anything to do with the heating/cooling system.

yeah i'll prob replace both those items just as added security - at this point there wont be much less from the original donors!

Maybe you have a clogged radiator or a bad water pump? Do not attempt to drive it until you fix the overheating issues, You can damage both the engine and transmission due to overheating issues.

-
Back