PCV and Breather question

-
It stalled instantly. So, I couldn't say if there is any suction there
Leave pcv valve on the hose and the hose attached to the carb or spacer or wherever it is attached. Remove pcv from valve cover. With engine running check vacuum at pcv valve end that would be inside valve cover

Stalling is the evidence of the suction. That part is working right

What I wanted OP to do was pull pvc from valve cover, engine should not stall, and test for vacuum at the end of the pcv valve that would be inside the valve cover. There should be suction there. (test with pcv valve in natural position)
20190517_203139.jpg

Is that an original Super Six air cleaner? It does not look like it. I believe it should have a 5/8 hose nipple coming out of the side of the air cleaner to attach to the valve cover breather/oil cap to complete the crankcase vapor system you are trying to upgrade to. You also will need the valve cover breather with a corresponding 5/8 nipple to run a hose from there to the air cleaner. This will complete the rest of the crankcase vapor system you are missing and likely stop any smoke coming from the breather.

It stalled instantly. So, I couldn't say if there is any suction there.

Yet you said above the PCV is working correctly. If it is, it will be getting vacuum. So, is the PCV working or not? If you don't know if it's getting vacuum, then you don't know if it's working.

-
Back