NEWS!!! Unisteer A-body Rack & Pinion Steering

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes it's news...but not good news. Unisteer had a booth at the Grand National Roadster Show last weekend and I stopped in and asked when the advertised setup for A-body Mopars is going to be out - since their ads have shown, and continue to show it, for months now. I was told it's not going to happen because the selling price would be not too far under a complete RMS AlterKtion price. They said you would also probably need new headers and other major components that just priced it right out of the market.
Like I said, not good news but at least we know.

Yeah. They should update there ads in the rags out there. I spoke with those guys are various trade shows and got the same answer. I looking somewhere else.

There kit for the 63-65 Fairlane has the same issues. Got the attempt to navigate a Fairlane with it in it. Left hand turns as long as you remembered to make them as wide as possible were doable, but a tight right hander into a parking lot just was not happening.......

I think Badart will have the A body rack and pinion issue solved before we ever see an A body product from Unisteer. Doug it sounds like a great thing that unisteer isnt making us anything.

I really cant understand the price difference. B and E body rack kit's are available from them,so why would an A body kit be so much more as to be priced out of the market?

What did not help the Fairlane I drove was it was converted to discs using Granada spindles........now there is a bumpsteer match made in heaven....

Yes it's news...but not good news. Unisteer had a booth at the Grand National Roadster Show last weekend and I stopped in and asked when the advertised setup for A-body Mopars is going to be out - since their ads have shown, and continue to show it, for months now. I was told it's not going to happen because the selling price would be not too far under a complete RMS AlterKtion price. They said you would also probably need new headers and other major components that just priced it right out of the market.
Like I said, not good news but at least we know.

About 3-4 yrs ago, the Hot Rod Power Tour started in Cleveland so I went there just to see what was happening. I came across the Unisteer booth and started talking with the lone guy who was there. When he found out I had 2nd gen cudas, he asked if I was interested in supplying them with a mule car so they could develop the A body system. He said they would need it a couple weeks and I could keep whatever they developed. I briefly considered it but I had just installed a 75 K frame and rebuilt the entire front end including an original low mileage 16:1 ratio manual box. Frankly, I liked the front end and steering so much on my 68, I just didn't see any advantage to switching other than maybe helping fellow Moparites. I know they eventually found a guinea pig and wondered whatever happened.

He also told me I could stop by anytime for a tour. Ironically, I now work in the same little town as their shop, Twinsburg, OH.

-
Back