"Next Victim"

-
didn't exactly happen overnight, but I will say I have enjoyed every friggin' minute of it. I get asked often when am I going to retire?...and I like to answer, "Don't I have to get a job first?.

Keep doing what you're doing!

It is a street car / hot rod build for Butch Leal and that is why it will have a ghosted version of his 73 Pro stock car. Butch just lets me build it...... and the best part, he doesn't charge me anything to work on it.

I have all I would ever want with my street Hemi Duster and the restored California Flash / Direct Connection M/P Hemi Duster. Next year for the Holley MoParty, I am plan on bringing my street Duster, along with a few more friends...... just to putt around and take a few blasts down the strip.
Oh man I can’t wait to see the silver car in person!

Oh man I can’t wait to see the silver car in person!

We want to park right next to you. HemiMark is planning on coming too with his small block (Vodka dispensing) Dart. It will be fun.

20220714_204052.jpg

. . . .
I have all I would ever want with my street Hemi Duster and the restored California Flash / Direct Connection M/P Hemi Duster. Next year for the Holley MoParty, I am plan on bringing my street Duster, along with a few more friends...... just to putt around and take a few blasts down the strip.
so, did you make it to the MoParty? how was it, you guys have fun?

Between all the other fun things I get to be a part of......the headers got finished (except for the oxygen sensor bung)

20230428_144657.jpg

20230428_144634.jpg

28 " primaries
2" stepped at the halfway point to 2-1/8

from there I'll modify a TTi 3" system with H...or X pipe to the rear bumper, Butch wants something with less rumble than the Flowmaster 40's.

I'll tuck them up similar to the silver Duster (pictured)

20221109_132913.jpg

20221109_122155.jpg

20221109_122135.jpg

28 " primaries
2" stepped at the halfway point to 2-1/8

from there I'll modify a TTi 3" system with H...or X pipe to the rear bumper, Butch wants something with less rumble than the Flowmaster 40's.

I'll tuck them up similar to the silver Duster (pictured)

View attachment 1716087078

View attachment 1716087079

View attachment 1716087080
Denny, I recently got rid of the turbo mufflers that come with the TTI kits and replaced them with some Borla straight through mufflers. Sound isn't much different and the butt dyno showed me how much those turbo mufflers kill power. They are quiet, but not worth it in my opinion.

Denny, I recently got rid of the turbo mufflers that come with the TTI kits and replaced them with some Borla straight through mufflers. Sound isn't much different and the butt dyno showed me how much those turbo mufflers kill power. They are quiet, but not worth it in my opinion.
Denny , I used Borla’s and to get rid of the rumble I added the borla resonator.

I read your post a while back regarding your muffler swap. very interesting and informative.

I will order the 3" TTi kit sans the mufflers.

fresh from a Somma Pizza cocktail napkin sketch.....the Super Trick hub-cap.

20230512_163535.jpg

Time to let the powder coater work his magic. Because of the different style rim where the hub bolts on, the 14" deep aluminum rears will not require drilling the holes in the rim for the nuts on the backside of the (fake) bolts.

Once happy with the powder coat finish, I will machine / cut out the good Super Trick centers I plan on using. The one pictured is pitted and has a crack in it....but is why I don't throw away much, never know when you might put it to good use.

20230513_164151.jpg

20230513_164303.jpg

Last edited:
with the arrival of the 6-speed auto and the Hellcat / Road Runner build at the body shop back, time to get back on the HDK / Geni III / Whipple / Butch Leal resto-mod.

20240412_141448.jpg
20240412_141457.jpg
20240412_141518 (2).jpg

Last edited:
over time, the project switched from 4-speed w/ GV to the OEM 8HP90 8-speed to (hopefully final answer) the TCI 6X Gen III / Outlaw shifter (automatic) package. Butch worked with TCI on the converter specs. We liked the transmission gear selection with a .75 overdrive.

It does fit the OEM tunnel tunnel a lot better and will only need what I consider minor mods.

https://www.tciauto.com/chrysler-gen-iii-hemi-6x-transmission-package.html

20240412_125615.jpg

What is this sorcery Denny? Van LCA and a SN95 Mustang spindle?

The plan, which I am already azz deep into, is a street strut using the SN95 spindles and QA1 Mustang strut. Numerous reasons why... but this was my best solution. I basically adapted 96-04 OEM Mustang geometry to my front subframe.

The $100 OEM Mustang arms are used make a jig for building a set of mock-up adjustable track width LCA's. Once optimum length / position of the LCA ball joint pivot is established, the plan is to re-use the jig to make the finished arms.

Did I mention I luv to build stuff.

BTW...what seats do you have in your Duster,? I sat in them @ MoParty and thought they were very comfortable. I might need to get a set for this build.

The plan, which I am already azz deep into, is a street strut using the SN95 spindles and QA1 Mustang strut. Numerous reasons why... but this was my best solution. I basically adapted 96-04 OEM Mustang geometry to my front subframe.

The $100 OEM Mustang arms are used make a jig for building a set of mock-up adjustable track width LCA's. Once optimum length / position of the LCA ball joint pivot is established, the plan is to re-use the jig to make the finished arms.

Did I mention I luv to build stuff.

BTW...what seats do you have in your Duster,? I sat in them @ MoParty and thought they were very comfortable. I might need to get a set for this build.
Love it. Lots of options for big brakes with that spindle, not that you would want those. But I'm sure there are also lots of race car brakes too.

They are TMI Seats They come complete ready to go. I have the pro series low back.

-
Back