NHRA (IHRA?) stock eliminator - Fees? for 23.47 Weight break ??

-
you're right, stock is not for faint of heart, you have to think outside the box, the power is there, have to explore all ways to get it, legally. fuel delivery is upmost, carb will require some rework, no polishing or grinding allowed, also, gearing will be critical. i can say, it requires a lot of time and effort , just to be completive. bore finish , ring combo, air flow in heads, cam lobe shape, just food for thought.

you're right, stock is not for faint of heart, you have to think outside the box, the power is there, have to explore all ways to get it, legally. fuel delivery is upmost, carb will require some rework, no polishing or grinding allowed, also, gearing will be critical. i can say, it requires a lot of time and effort , just to be completive. bore finish , ring combo, air flow in heads, cam lobe shape, just food for thought.
Isn't that only true if you are racing someone in the same class? Other than that, it's like a bracket race, right?

nope, thats so you can be competive and under the class index. elims are based off the index for each class, if you can't make the index, you will loose every time, building a competive stocker is hard work, need education, expertise, knowledge of your setup . it's harder than you think to make a car go fast with limitations, no throwing parts at it,i've been at this since 1970, just food for thought.

nope, thats so you can be competive and under the class index. elims are based off the index for each class, if you can't make the index, you will loose every time, building a competive stocker is hard work, need education, expertise, knowledge of your setup . it's harder than you think to make a car go fast with limitations, no throwing parts at it,i've been at this since 1970, just food for thought.
Sounds like I've been a stocker my entire life then..... :lol:

So what your saying is it's not likely your going to cobble together old Mopar parts and stumble into a local class event set a recorded record and get a bunch of instant Youboob credit??...:poke:... LOL...

Go to a few races and find some folks who will answer all your questions. As discussed on this thread, there is a LOT to learn.

As to getting under that index, a lot will have to do with how "soft" the hp factor for your combo is. If it's factored relatively high, you'll have a really hard (expensive) time getting under the index. There are some combos that are factored relatively lower, which will make it easier to get under the index. Learning how to search the classification guide is key. You also have to know if a given combo is even in the guide.

If you pick the wrong combo, you'll be fighting yourself from the get-go.

If you're going to build a legal combo, but just bracket race it as you work on it, that's an option.

Once again, there is a WHOLE LOT to it. If it were easy, everybody would be doing it.

Go to a few races and find some folks who will answer all your questions. As discussed on this thread, there is a LOT to learn.

As to getting under that index, a lot will have to do with how "soft" the hp factor for your combo is. If it's factored relatively high, you'll have a really hard (expensive) time getting under the index. There are some combos that are factored relatively lower, which will make it easier to get under the index. Learning how to search the classification guide is key. You also have to know if a given combo is even in the guide.

If you pick the wrong combo, you'll be fighting yourself from the get-go.

If you're going to build a legal combo, but just bracket race it as you work on it, that's an option.

Once again, there is a WHOLE LOT to it. If it were easy, everybody would be doing it.
Thanks for the reply! I do have a "track friend", if that makes sense, that I've known for 30 years. He was a stocker for years, but mostly bracket raced his stocker at our local track. I'm not oblivious to the sport, but there is plenty I don't know as far as cost, actually putting a car in a specific class, and such. Again, I'm not looking to participate in meets all over the country, but just have fun as a hobby if I put wheels under the idea.

did you mean 395 crank?
295 looks to be 14.8@4170
what iam i missing
Wallace calculator:

1CEE7F47-88E6-45BE-B384-FD1D8995992A.png

The moroso calculator shows 96.5mph to be enough for a 13.45 ET.

He once was a member here... years ago. This truck held the record for 4 years straight in the mid 90's in his class. He still has this truck and races it at our track.
1667771431721.png

-
Back