NHRA legal roll bars

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i am trying to make my duster track legal and plan on running faster then 11.49 and will need to get a roll bar. Post your NHRA legal roll bars please!!! Also, did you all go to fab shops and have them fab one up or what kit you used would be helpful. P.S. does the roll bar need to be cross braced?
Thanks

The rule book lays out what you need to run from 10.00-11.49

I've used S&W, morrison and alston bars. To run down to 10.00 you need a 5 point bar (no pass door bar required)

Google has a bunch of stuff, especially the images.

It's not a Duster and it's a full cage, but here's a pic to give you and idea of the general set-up. The main hoop and rear bars will be the same on a cage or a bar. I used my buddy's shop to bend up the tubing and get it fitted real nice. You won't get that with a kit and yes, it must be cross braced. I think there was a rule change that will allow a removable cross brace now, but I'll be damned if I can find it!

P.S.
Some may notice that the side bars are not in yet. Well, that's because I'm still working inside the car and it's a lot easier to get in and out without them there, so they'll be the last part to go in before the interior.

Attachments

• Barracuda%20004.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 440
I bought the 8 point kit from S&W Racing ($189).I had to trim a few bars,but was a good fit otherwise.:D

I used Art Morrison and got the kit that has the rear bars going through the package tray so I could keep the back seat in it.
They also have provisions for the forward tube going through the dash or behind it.
I have used them on three different cars and have always been happy with the product.
This ( the rear bar ) is probably more of a show and tell decision , because you will have to be awful small or nimble to get back there.
It gets involved if you do a 10 or 12 point cage , so you want to be pretty handy and have a couple tools ( tube notcher , angle finder , good welder etc. ) or have a shop do it for you I think.

i have used S&W roll bar and jeg's roll bar, they all need some small amount of triming of the bars.....

roll bar is legal down to 10.00 as long as you have the orginal floor and firewall...

also..if you have not...make and install subframe connectors..

Attachments

• 100_2749a.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 472
Let me know if you want to do a custom bent cage kit...Ive been sending them all over the country lately.

FWIW Musclecar did a cage in a recent episode on their Dart Sport project. They used a S&W kit in theirs. It will give you an idea of what is involved.

Go to powerblocktv.com & then click on musclecar & then episodes.

-
Back