Nice to be coming outta the funk

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been recently coming outta this long term funk I have been in and it sure is nice. Got a lotta work done on my new project in the first two weeks I have had it. I want to share, but since it is not a Mopar and I have already basically been asked to leave the site, I will keep that part to myself. Just nice to be doing something again.

As long as you are enjoying it, it doesn't matter what you build. Swinging wrenches and makin' **** work is what it's really about.

That's nice to here! I hope Kitty is doing well also. You deserve some good times, especially after that ugliness you went thru recently.

Hopefully any reference to you leaving the site was just a poor attempt at humor, no matter what "brand" you're working on right now...

Sounds good. I wish you would share. I just finished getting my Mustang back together tonight. Felt so good to drive a V8 5 speed car. Mopars are my first love but a fun car is a fun car. It doesn't matter what brand.

Hope all is getting better for you and your better half, it does not matter that it is not a mopar so long as you are enjoying yourself, especially after that big hit you took in the truck a couple of months ago

Well.....Imagine a 5.0 5 speed rustang about 1500 pounds lighter is all I can say. lol

I have been recently coming outta this long term funk I have been in and it sure is nice. Got a lotta work done on my new project in the first two weeks I have had it. I want to share, but since it is not a Mopar and I have already basically been asked to leave the site, I will keep that part to myself. Just nice to be doing something again.

Been there in that position myself in the past. It does feel good when you get past the point of walking out into the garage and not being able to find a damn thing you need or know you have. To the point of getting into a rhythm and you start to making **** happen. Post your progress with the new ride i'm not racist. Lol...

I must say I have enjoyed your commentary and also found you to be a very knowledgable source of information. I hope you are around for a while. Thank you for contributing to this site and good luck with your project.

If you're really feeling adventurous, you could always book a trip to Cleveland? My buddy went there in a 73' Wagon and had a blast. :D

If you're really feeling adventurous, you could always book a trip to Cleveland? My buddy went there in a 73' Wagon and had a blast. :D

I have even seen 460s in them. But, all I want is something fun to drive that gets reasonable mileage. I am gonna try one of the new 625 Street Demon 3 barrels on a stock 84 GT intake. My exhaust is limited to the mustang II manifolds since headers are costly and require cutting the car. I am having a custom cam ground from Oregon. It made almost 350 pound feet of torque with the head flow numbers entered on the desktop dyno. That should be snappy.

Absolutely.

I'm guessing it still has the 6.75" rear? What's the plan as far as that goes?

Negative. I just swapped in an 8" from a rustang II night before last. It was a complete bolt in swap up to and including using the same drive shaft. 3.40 gears.

Negative. I just swapped in an 8" from a rustang II night before last. It was a complete bolt in swap up to and including using the same drive shaft. 3.40 gears.

:thumleft:. Keep me informed on the progress, even if it's under the radar...lol.

Time to hit the sack, night Rob.

I know what you mean Rob I was in a rut for a long time aswell just this weekend my wife wanted a car so we ended up getting a 86 monte carlo ss spent weds and thurs going threw some of the bugs while my demon and dart sat I really wanted to go over and look at all my parts for my dart from the demon but I guess that will have to wait until next hometime 3wks from now

Good goin Rob. Don't see many Bobcats around anymore. Sounds fun!!

-
Back