Nice to be coming outta the funk

-
its a well known fact: working on mopars gets reid of the FUNK a whole lot faster than any other brand!!!!?????? d-mn the funk!!!

Working on cars in general usually rids people of the funk, but it don't help when you can't afford to work on your toys...

No I haven't found a donor yet. I am ok with it either way, but I do like the look of the early thin bumpers better.

Hey Rob, don't feel like the lone ranger when it comes to different projects. I also have one I'm starting for the wife. 73 Mercury Comet.

My Dad had a '73 Maverick when I was growing up-he bought it new for like $2300 with a 170-6 1bbl and a 3 speed, **** red interior. I kinda wish he would've been able to keep it.

and yes it's 4 lug. no need for 5 lug. that would be overkill. lol

WELL **** RRR, tell me, you went from Mopar to Nopar? What the hell gives? LOL A four lettered F-word......Hmmmmm

All I can say about this Rustang is it has WAY to much blue in it, BUT then you mention Cleveland, and all sorts of other F-Word related items, (yeah I know a bit 'bout 'em too) So. you still got the ole blue "Hemi" layin' 'round? Whats gonna become of that!?

I plan on finishing the rat truck with the Hemi in it...unless somebody wants it bad enough.

Our eventual project, if I live long enough....

View attachment 124_2479_2 (Medium).jpg

This was going to be my project....Ernie's only request was that the flat hood remains, which with what I had wanted to do at the time was going to be impossible so I ended up with the Dart. I am far from loyal to any brand. Half tempted to try and get rid of the cars and just play with the bike...

That's really cool Doug. It needs a Thunderbolt hood.

Rob,
That Hemi, what actual CID is that? Just wondering, as your really to far for me to drive if I had the cash for it.....LOL Be a nice one tho in my 67. I must admit!

What does it look like at this point tho? I last seen it with the heads off, and the oil pan (I think), and was painted blue. I'm just not sure if you ever mentioned if it was "running" or not.......

It's a 56 331 Chrysler Fire Power. It's a fresh unfired build.

What does "bad enough" look like?

I'm really only interested in the Hemi, though.

Frank, if I sell the engine, it will be as a package deal with the truck, the 833 overdrive transmission and everything I have that goes with it, because without the engine I will have no use for any of it. So it's an all or nothing deal. A 49 Dodge Pilot house 5 window cab on an 83 D150 chassis should not be too difficult to get rid of given how popular rat rods are right now. The truck is not officially for sale, but I would let it go to finish up the Bobcat since I am without a daily driver myself. I have the original title on the 49 which means it can be titled and registered as a 49 Dodge truck.

Like that 64 Fairlane! My good neighbor friend has a white on with a 390, Thunderbolt hood and shifters. I had a 65 Fairlane last year before I sold it and bought my 67 fish.

Attachments

• IMG_20130622_165418_542.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20130712_192253_155.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 145
I'm interested in the Hemi and the trans. Let's talk about the truck, though. Maybe this weekend?

Rob,
I'd like to see pics of this 49. and the Hemi sounds AWESOME!!!!!!! (Yeah, I been stalking this one....) and no, I'm not a creep. However, I have been called worse. by my own Wife, LMAO

Here you go. The cab is actually mounted to the frame now. It is very solid for a 49 model.

Attachments

• TRUCK.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 132
any update on the Bobcat? A build thread? I would like to see it progress as its a really cool idea. And mopar or not its still American and the kind of thing that makes our car culture what it is. :supz:

Thanks for the interest. I think yall kinda get the gest of it. I don't really want to post a complete Ford build thread here on a Mopar site. I have made more progress though.

Test fit.

Attachments

• IN THERE.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 86
Test fit.

gotta jus luv that number one spark plug on the wrong side :eek:ops: J/K great to see progress, mopar or not progress is a good thing. Shows your not just standing around pickin yer nose like I am now with my 72 swinger :thumbup:

I like it Rob! You gotta love that light/little 8.2" deck height engine for fitment is those small spaces. :thumbrig:

I watched the NHRA qualifying in Atlanta live on ESPN3 earlier this evening and they asked Kurt Johnson what him and his Dad had been up to lately. He said they had done a project with a few all aluminum LSX (Chebbies) for a autocross client. They made 800hp & 650 tq. While not shocked by the power, I was absolutely floored when he said they weighed 397lbs.......Mind boggling to me :banghead:.

-
Back