Nice to be coming outta the funk

-
I got this gasket/heat shield.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-108-51/

It will block it off fine. They take a bungload of heat.

Sucks to hear that you basically were asked to leave-some people just can't be pleased I guess. Anyway, with that 83-85 intake, I used to have one on my car, and it ran fine even with the stock D80E heads-and those are junk. The 40P heads will run fantastic. Just like Tim said, that intake will provide plenty of velocity-it's basically an aluminum copy of the old A code 289 4bbl intake...plus the EGR nonsense which you can block off should you desire (I did on mine)

If you were to open up the ports to match the runners, it likely wouldn't have any low end impact-and that cam you spec'd with Oregon should work out pretty well...with those numbers, you should have a very mild lope and probably pull pretty damn well up to about 5700. And with a T5 and some 3.40 gears-ought to be PLENTY peppy.

attachment.php

I love the front porch... I mean... bumper. lol

its a well known fact: working on mopars gets reid of the FUNK a whole lot faster than any other brand!!!!?????? d-mn the funk!!!

that is a sweet cat. Someone can learn something from this thread too, My uncle has a 70 maverick that I have always been tempted to mess with but I am not familiar with fords at all. I was a mopar kid from the beginning because my dad had a 69 cuda FB when I was a kid, but to me a cool car is anything vintage and American.

This ford stuff seems more common and cheaper to work with if your using exploder engine and late model stuff. How sweet it would be to go to any pick a part yard and have good selection of parts you can use.

I am a car guy first. I love Mopars but I am GONNA stay in the hobby if I can and if this is how, then so be it. I still have my rat truck. With HEMI power it's all Mopar.

Most if not all of them Booby-cats went to the "Big magnet in the sky" lol

Hey Rob, don't feel like the lone ranger when it comes to different projects. I also have one I'm starting for the wife. 73 Mercury Comet.

Attachments

• Arrival 1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 154
Oh HELL YEAH ROB!!! That car is gonna be cherry. Whats the plans for it? Its great to see you got somethin man. I was really startin' to worry for ya for awhile.

Okay, Rob. Truth be told when I was 15 my first car was a Pinto. Their the Cat is out of the bag.LOL. So it's cool with me. Then after that of course it was all Mopars. But I still like it. Good luck and keep us informed.

At least you can afford to work on this, Mopars can get so damn expensive.

Ok since yall asked, here's some more. I built the short block night before last and just finished up the heads this afternoon. Pistons are stock and sit only .005" in the hole at TDC. I'd have to spend bucks to do that with a Mopar. Heads are also closed chamber so quench here is a factory thing.

Attachments

• 5.0.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 165
  • 5.0 1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 166
  • 5.0 2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 159
  • HEADS.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 142
  • HEADS1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 152
I like it, I like it!!! this has to be one of the coolest, most creative, think outside the box builds that I have seen in a long time. That is going to be so cool when its done.

I'm enjoying this thread 'cause it takes me back.
We did a Bobcat back in the late 70s. My buddy had a 65 Mustang 289 hypo 4 gear and he got tboned. We took the whole drivetrain and put it in a sweet little bobcat that had been flooded. I remember that car because it had wire hubcaps on it when we bought it. Was a nice looking car when we cleaned it up.I never told him but- I really enjoyed driving that little shitter LOL I'll see if I can find a few pictures.

That's super cool! Bobcat makes perfect sense since we know you are a cat lover. I'd leave the heavy-duty bumper myself.

Congrats on coming out of the funk, others may be inspired.

Dang!!!! I was thinking Pontiac!

Nice port work hemiroid-looks like there's about 12 hrs worth of work in there.

Rob, those pictures brought a smile to my face-that little car is going to haul! Bobcats are 4 lug, right? And you mentioned an early bumper mod-you already find a donor?

-
Back