Nite Moves 67 Dart Restore

-
:thumleft:Thanks everyone..........Nice comments. I have know a plan after a few mock ups. Will keep you up to date but the front end will not look the same next time............Edd

Got a bit more done..........if it was warmer i would have more done......LOL. Paint dosent dry to fast when its cool.....Any way. Looks like i have made some progress.........Thought i turned that one pic sideways..........Last pic is rear floor cleaned up with some paint. I put in the rear panels to dry fit them...........Funny i dont think there the correct year???????????????????????:study: The rims is cleaned up some.....needs work and elbow grease:burnout:Soon ...well someday:burnout:

Attachments

• HPIM0527.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 324
  • HPIM0526.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 314
  • HPIM0525.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 324
  • HPIM0524.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 323
Its coming slow but coming.Trying to take advantage of somewhat decent temps. Kerosene aint cheap:angry7: Going with a Dark grey exterior or Dark Purple.One of them for the body paint.I can only do so much at a time......Fumes and open flame i dont think works well.....LOL. Anyway here are a few new pics.Hope you enjoy.................:read2: Torsion bar sitting in place to see what the lower control arm looks like silver........First coat of black paint except around steering box.....Probly doing it all the wrong way................

looks good but if you work faster you will stay warm and want need the heater ...lol

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 316
Look's like you're making pretty good progress on the dart Edd, despite the cold weather. Look's like the new rotors fit nicely lol, you'll have it all together before you know it. Keep up the good work!:burnout:
Ron (dodgefreak73)

Well..........I spent sometime out in the garage today and finished the front end..........I think...LOL. New uppr / lwr ball joints in, Innr/outr tie rods..In.....New strut rods...In,..Rotors, calipers in,,,brake pads, in....flex hoses in,up/lwr conrol arms with bushings ..In,.......Torsion bars..still waiting for my boots..........Were in the hell are my boots>LOL. all i need is shocks for the front and i should be done.........brake lines i have..

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 005.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 007.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 281
Well..........I spent sometime out in the garage today and finished the front end..........I think...LOL. New uppr / lwr ball joints in, Innr/outr tie rods..In.....New strut rods...In,..Rotors, calipers in,,,brake pads, in....flex hoses in,up/lwr conrol arms with bushings ..In,.......Torsion bars..still waiting for my boots..........Were in the hell are my boots>LOL. all i need is shocks for the front and i should be done.........brake lines i have..

Looks great Edd! You're making some great progress you should be proud of yourself.:cheers:

LOL..........I hear you..........I got too say..I love your car......Those wheels and color are something else.........Shes definately a beaut:grin:..Im only dreaming of coming half that close.Thanks

Thanks for the compliment but there's no need to dream if you set your mind to it.... you can do it. I always say the best experience is self experience. Keep up the good work.

Not done quite yet Ed, I see you need the bump stop on the lower arms,your getting close good stuff.

Hello all..........A few more up dated pics.........new shock are in and put in place the r fender...getting ready for fit the grill and bezels..........Bad thing happened........Went into garage and found my windshield broke:mad: A hevy box came down on it and now i need a new one.......One step forward and two back:mad:................Oh! well...............

Attachments

• HPIM0002 (800x600).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 304
  • HPIM0001 (800x600).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 310
  • HPIM0003 (800x600).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 311
  • HPIM0004 (800x600).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 310
  • HPIM0008 (800x600).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 308
I really like that foot-shaped gas pedal. You are going to keep that, right?

Enjoying watching this thread Nite Moves, sorry to hear about the box dropping and hitting your windshield, Spring is getting closer and it warmed up here in Arkansas yesterday, Enjoy every minute you get to spend with your Dart.
Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing ithere with us :thumblef:

Enjoying watching this thread Nite Moves, sorry to hear about the box dropping and hitting your windshield, Spring is getting closer and it warmed up here in Arkansas yesterday, Enjoy every minute you get to spend with your Dart.
Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing ithere with us :thumblef:

You know Memike thatssss why I like you so much you always have a kind word.

Got the doors off and started cleaning up the inside. I have alot of black paint......Good friend gave to me. Dirty job cleaning up the inner roof and inside.Two masks in one day..........Its coming. My wife was a bit suprised..........You know you just got it in Nov..........slow down some.....:colors: I have a few patches to put in the front floor..........She should be good to go with another coat and resealing all the seams.........

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 003.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 004.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 002.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 254
Looking real good Ed,my Cindy is the opposite she says get your but out there and get it done lol.Note when you install your headliner you will need to remove some paint the roof rail glue will not stick to well to paint.Keep going be proud not to many guys will tackle a project like that.

-
Back