Nite Moves 67 Dart Restore

-
I want to thank everyone for the great comments........I strugle at times doing this for the first time...........All of you give me the motivation and encouragement to go on...........Thanks everyone........Edd

Keep going and when it pisses you off walk away for a day or week or month!! Dont sell it!!!!!!!

Hey Edd! Dont let it get to you and take your time. When you think it's taking too long,just remind yourself; resto's been wating 17 yrs to get his done,Im sure I can get mine done before him,lol!!

Thanks...............Im back from a great holiday and im eager to get at a few things with the Dart............Was in Cuba and got to say.........Alot of old beautty cars there..............Mostly Chevs not many Dodge???????

A few more pics............Front suspension done......New hood on, Grill on to see what its looks like..........YAH!........Passengers door with new pins/bushings on,Need brake lines installed, front. Got the gas tank out, rear shocks out and rear end. Going to see about re arching springs, clean up rear end new oil and reinstall......Nice suprise.........Took rear drums off to find new springs/hardware and wheel cylinders..........Cool..........needed a bit of a pick me up.........Car is getting so close for paint..........If i can only get a set of fenders........LOL

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 003.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 004.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 269
  • 005.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 282
Your getting there.ED call Scott @ National Moparts in Beaverton 1-705-426-2993,I bet he can find ya 67 fenders.

Thanks Snake/Don..........Your always a pick me up in spirits.......I have contacted them once with no luck.........Told me to check back. Ive been on there site..........$$$$$$$$$$ for fenders i feel. I have a few people who may be able to help me out. One in NY state..close and the other in Minn. .........Im in no rush. called a guy in T.O regarding 68s........$650.00 a side..........Used....How much are these new? Any idea? And were? Thanks..........always nice to see your response......BTW i will call you soon about the rear interior panel. Planning on going up north again soon. Edd:)

Your very welcome Ed always willing to help.I wish I had your answers as for the fenders.My last response is Lawerance Roblim in Demerestville pretty sure he has a 67 back there.If it had been me I would of keep the 73 fenders welded in the side markers,then found the 67 head light buckets and welded them in.years back I found a 73 fender for a 69 dart I had and drilled all the spot welds out and had a buddy weld in the bucket fit perfect and cost was almost 0.but if can find some good 67sss that would be pain free.Bummer your so close.

I got more done this nice weekend. Cleaned up the wiper linkage and new gaskets and mocked up my grill. I wanted to see what it would look like...............All black. Going to paint bumpers colour of car.....$$$$$$$$ on rechroming.......I dont have fenders yet...LOL.....Thanks for looking:happy9:..........BTW anyone ever use this plastidip paint..........Its cool stuff. Painted the grill to see what it look like and if i dont like it..............Peels right off.............COOLO:)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 009.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 254
  • 010.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 242
  • 003.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 002.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 252
Nice! I can gaurantee I'll be doing those,lol! Common problem area for mopars. Another area is the short stack opening inside the cowl. That short collar tends to rot and allow water in. I think inspection is easy if the heater box is out..

Thanks guys,,,,,,,,As for paint/body not sure. A good friend of mines dad owned Mohawk autobody..........Been there and seen there work..pretty good and they dont rush......Not from around here..related to car stuff. Kingston theres a few i know but not here.........Its coming slow but im happy with the progress:iconbigg:

Got some more work done..a few changes in my head. thank god it is just paint. I cant believe shes come as far as she has sine Nov. 2010. The underneath is all cleaned and painted except from the rear end back.....Thats a pain in the ***..on your back scrapin.......need a kid who likes getting dirty LOL.Last pic is a idea i had since the chrome was a bit rough.Painted it purple and redid the top black..........Next time im up north im going to stop in at a upholster guys place. Nice work and extremly affordable.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 006.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 001.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 219
  • 003.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 004.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 200
Got the rear end out today.....Not a easy chore by yourself. Springs off as well. Tank out and buy golly more to clean and paint......I hate this part....On the back scrapin really sucks:tongue9:She is almost done underneath,A few touch ups and get the rear done and its all up top stuff:cheers:Being 6foot 6 sucks way down low....LOL.BTW........My camera. It really sucks.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 012.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 013.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 014.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 194
That undercoating looks like roofing tar! Lol it should preserve the metal underneath indefinitely. Rust has a real hard time getting through.

That undercoating looks like roofing tar! Lol it should preserve the metal underneath indefinitely. Rust has a real hard time getting through.

Your right but he has sealed the rust in, now it will still rust under that paint,however I used to do that 30 years to my Canadian car and they lasted,never knew the out come when sold tho.For being green he is doing a hell of a job.

Hey Ed if you need another quote on pain call Swallow auto body in point ann you know were that is right,Darrell Swallow did a 74 Roadrunner for me at a great price and was good.I did not use him on my dart because he wanted it for about 7 weeks.Wist I did now tho,last body guy **** up alot.

Snake i actually know Dale well. To bad about his father. Havent seen him in awhile. Thanks for the heads up. Also if you see this..Let me know if your out Lawrences way....Like to get a few more parts but im sure he dont want to see me.

-
Back