Nitrous help

-

siuauto

Reaction score
Ok, I am new to nitrous. I am planning on running a plate system with a 100 shot. The motor is a 360, stock rods and crank. kB 107 hyper Pistons with the ring gaps set for nitrous. Heads are a ported set of j heads with a air gap and a msd ignition. My question is around the fuel system, would a holley blue work? Also should I have a return system. Lastly, do most people run a -6 or -8 line?

I use a Aeromotive street rod pump 150gph dead headed with 1/2 line to feed both carb and fuel solenoid on my daily driver pickup. -6 is fine but id buy a different pump.

I used to use a Holley black, 1/2 or -8 line, it will feed the motor and nitrous. The fuel solenoid needs to run at a lower pressure than the carb or it will be so rich it's not worth spraying.

I use a holley black pump to feed engine and nitrous and Y off the fuel to another fuel pressure regulator and gauge for the nitrous under the hood. Fuel line is 3/8 steel that is dead headed. I set that up to free flow at I think 5lbs? I cant remember, have to look at my notes. Works good, I started with 100 shot and then a 150, just make sure to pull enough timming and sneak up on the tune. Helps keep your engine in one piece. I need a taller tire to get my rpm down at the track, was trapping at 6800-6900 rpm, about 800 more that NA, little more than I like but sure is fun.

Attachments

• dart 1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 178
since you guys deadheaded did you run air bleeds? Did you have an initial pressure drop?

since you guys deadheaded did you run air bleeds? Did you have an initial pressure drop?

Are you talking a purge valve for the nitrous? Not sure on initial pressure drop, I set my fuel pressure free flowing with the fuel jet in it at 5lbs.

The first time I used nitrous, it was on a bone stock 74 Dart with a 318/904/2.93 pegleg 7 1/4. Just added a LD4B intake with a Holley 4bbl from a 440 engine. and the 125 nitrous plate. Just "T"ed the fuel from the stock mechanical pump. Car was a daily driver. Drive to the track, open the single exhaust pipe before the muffler, put on a 22.5 inch slick, and run high 13's. Ran it for 4 years, then removed the nitrous, and sold the car. Never had a problem or broke anything. At 100-125 hp on a V-8 you don't need fancy. Just make sure everything is in good condition, and don't run too much advance.
With my 318 I was only adding .39 hp per cube
On my 170 slant I am adding 1.32 hp per cube (225 shot), which needs fancy.
On your 360 you are only adding .28 hp per cube.

Are you talking a purge valve for the nitrous? Not sure on initial pressure drop, I set my fuel pressure free flowing with the fuel jet in it at 5lbs.

Yeah, I was doing some reading and some were saying you get a pressure drop on the initial so you can install air bleeds or a fuel purge to prevent a lean condition

-
Back