Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
I was thinking ill get my car done 1st
(That would be a good start) see where it ends up. I'm wanting to run 10.00's & with my combo it may be right there with what I have planned
But as of now I'm just trying to gain some knowledge & when I want to & can afford to go faster have a little smarts to do that.
Getting down to 11.5 gets expensive..
Getting under 10 seconds the money game really starts to get serious...

Getting down to 11.5 gets expensive..
Getting under 10 seconds the money game really starts to get serious...
Yeah, I started this build a few years ago, just wanted to have a big block dart, then I aimed street/strip, now it's 470 stroker trick flows, big solid roller, 11.90 compression.
Dana 60 4.88 gears ladder bars. Haven't figured out the stall yet & probably going 1050 dominator. It's been slow going & some money spent twice on parts that won't work now. Next time my plan will be a vision with more experience involved.

For When Japar is ready to get serious with the Nos. Lol

Screenshot_20201129-122603_Brave.jpg

NOT even. Jpar only wishes he was this good looking. Good 1 YR...

View attachment 1715639114

Not sure about the looks .... to each his own...
But you need to speak to the tailor...
Seems like the 70s called and were asking for their shirt and tie......

MAPS

All in good fun...
Best of luck with the Baby bottle, I'm slowly getting off my pacifier and drinking thru a big bottle...

Not sure about the looks .... to each his own...
But you need to speak to the tailor...
Seems like the 70s called and were asking for their shirt and tie......

MAPS

All in good fun...
Best of luck with the Baby bottle, I'm slowly getting off my pacifier and drinking thru a big bottle...
I don't know if you've noticed but absolutely nobody responded to him and wants him to muck this thread up and start one of his massive Fiasco's..
He started his own thread and got kicked out of his own thread. Posting pictures of Internet pictures saying they were his. Then I started a thread just so he could invent and be an idiot and that got thrown off. If he comes back on this thread I'm going to ask the monitors not to allow it because it just turns the whole thing into a massive cluster.. there's some really good information on this thread and it need not be tossed out..

I did some re-plumbing and new solenoids on my crossbar setup this weekend. Since this thread popped up again, figured i'd give you guys a peek behind the curtain.

Bored/ported small body nitrous solenoids. No nitrous jets at all, orifices in the solenoids themselves serve as the jets. About 450hp worth of total jet area when the bottle is up to temp. But I don't like waiting for a bottle heater if things get spontaneous, so the system uses a dial style fuel pressure regulator which allows me to quickly adjust fuel flow for bottle temp. Fuel side has a restricted return line that goes back to the tank...

shopmulecrossbar1.jpg

The fuel sides have jets, but they are Holley jets that have had their threads turned down to be a slight press fit into the pipe nipples that attach the fuel solenoids to the plate...

shopmulecrossbar2.jpg

Yep, that's an old Weber 625 Carter clone. The carb doesn't need to be big when a large percentage of the overall mixture comes in below the throttle body. Blows people's minds when I pull the air cleaner top off to fake a metering rod change...

shopmulecrossbar3.jpg

Here's a pic of my extreme drop base that i made to hide the nitrous system in plain sight. Basically cut the outer base section off and added a ring section to lower the element. Had to make a special throttle cable bracket that comes up at a steeper angle...

shopmulecrossbar4.jpg

The finished install doesn't really scream nitrous, just a little no compression pump gas 355 that cranks about 100psi on the starter...

shopmulecrossbar5.jpg

Grant

I did some re-plumbing and new solenoids on my crossbar setup this weekend. Since this thread popped up again, figured i'd give you guys a peek behind the curtain.

Bored/ported small body nitrous solenoids. No nitrous jets at all, orifices in the solenoids themselves serve as the jets. About 450hp worth of total jet area when the bottle is up to temp. But I don't like waiting for a bottle heater if things get spontaneous, so the system uses a dial style fuel pressure regulator which allows me to quickly adjust fuel flow for bottle temp. Fuel side has a restricted return line that goes back to the tank...

View attachment 1715639884

The fuel sides have jets, but they are Holley jets that have had their threads turned down to be a slight press fit into the pipe nipples that attach the fuel solenoids to the plate...

View attachment 1715639885

Yep, that's an old Weber 625 Carter clone. The carb doesn't need to be big when a large percentage of the overall mixture comes in below the throttle body. Blows people's minds when I pull the air cleaner top off to fake a metering rod change...

View attachment 1715639888

Here's a pic of my extreme drop base that i made to hide the nitrous system in plain sight. Basically cut the outer base section off and added a ring section to lower the element. Had to make a special throttle cable bracket that comes up at a steeper angle...

View attachment 1715639886

The finished install doesn't really scream nitrous, just a little no compression pump gas 355 that cranks about 100psi on the starter...

View attachment 1715639887

Grant
Awesome!!!...

I must have missed something but I don’t have anyone blocked so I can’t figure out where this went sideways.

There was a for sale ad that went south yesterday evening. It is gone now. The nonsense was brought here.

There was a for sale ad that went south yesterday evening. It is gone now. The nonsense was brought here.
I was sincerely trying to help him yesterday on that thread and it's like you can't say anything to him without him taking it completely wrong.... I asked him to stop tagging me in when he wouldn't I finally just put them on ignore I didn't want to hear it no more I have no interest...

@j par Yea . A few messages containing this.
"you... Posers-
******* **** you little ***** *** mfrs... Grrr better Pray I never ever see you. Trying to give parts to members in need and You get my thread deleted. **** **** you jpar ***** *** mfr... Grrr get this little ***** deleted! He a punk *** *****. I ever see you I can tell you your getting knocked out. Punk little *****. **** you jpar *****... Grrrrr"
WOW..

I guess the race between you two is off. Lol :rofl:
you know this thread did start out pretty well with a pretty comprehensive collaboration of members giving their experience and advice with nitrous. Probably only nitrous thread on here.
I told him in his first thread where he was posting pictures of other people's work I did not want to race him and I would not raise him. then when he jumped on other people's threads I started our own thread where I openly said from the start that I was not going to race him and he got that one erased LOL when he jumped on this thread a couple pages ago and had a whole string of challenges to me I totally ignored it and continued on with trying to talk about and help people with nitrous...
I really don't have much of a race car anymore LOL.. how many cars do you line up against that have air conditioning?..

View attachment 1715639884

View attachment 1715639885

View attachment 1715639888

View attachment 1715639886

View attachment 1715639887

Grant
It's really sad that great posts like this get lost in all this muck muck..
As well did a lot of step by step and building a complete Nitrous system on this thread giving details and pictures as well...
Early on many members came in and share their experience and their knowledge...

Since this left the race part of the forum I start to wonder if it ought to be or in the forced induction? Well it is air & fuel so is forced induction.. food for thought..

Since this left the race part of the forum I start to wonder if it ought to be or in the forced induction? Well it is air & fuel so is forced induction.. food for thought..
Would make more sense if forced induction was the "power adder section"... but nitrous is mainly used in racing....

-
Back