!!!no effing excuse for this!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
SIX_lg.jpg

EFFING SCHOOL BUSSES collided

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/18561833/chi

NEWTON COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) - Newton County emergency officials said a bus driver and nearly 50 students were injured after a multi-bus crash on I-20 westbound.
The driver of one of the buses, 44-year-old Angela Anthony of Midville, GA, was trapped inside for more than an hour. She was airlifted to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.
LTV. Tyrone Oliver, Newton County Sheriff spokesman, said the bus driver had non-life-threatening injuries.
Some of the injured students were taken to Newton Medical Center in Covington. No child was seriously hurt.

18561833_BG3.jpg

18561833_BG2.jpg

Its brutal Del, about 6 years ago my son was at a party, he was 15-16 at the time, booze being served to minors. Yep the adult serving the booze was a bus driver! ***-clowns!

The entire public school system is nothing but a farce to line the pockets of rich politicians. All you have to do is look at the salaries of superintendants on up. It's ridiculous. I think the public school system should be disbanded. Educate your children how you see fit.

All you have to do is look at the salaries of superintendants on up. It's ridiculous. I think the public school system should be disbanded. Educate your children how you see fit.

I don't know about that. What if parents teach their children how to spell superintendents incorrectly? I say keep the public schools.

Thats nuts here in San Bernardino,Ca. We just got notice in mail next school year there will be no more buses.....

I live in East Tennessee. Several times a year we hear about school bus drivers charged with being drunk! One woman was found passed out in her bus, in the parking yard after her shift. At least she made it back to the yard.
Honestly though, that is one job I would never want to do!

I think we are missing something with the story. Judging by the damage I doubt both buses where going normally. The front bus had to slam on brakes or something. It looks like the highway to so its not like the bus was stopping.

We pulled our son off his bus and started driving him because he was having issues with other kids on the bus and the driver wasn't doing a damn thing to control it. Ran into the bus driver at a store not too long ago and found out she'd popped her random urinalysis for cocaine! And this was the woman driving our son! I thank GOD we got him off that bus when we did!

Affirmative action at it's best. Hire by quota instead of by qualification.

That's not meant to be a racial or chauvinistic statement, either. I'm merely pointing out one of the criteria used to hire school bus drivers in Georgia.

We place hiring quotas above qualification. Somehow, some people believe that to be fair and just, not to mention being in the best interest of the children we entrust to their care. :roll:

It also doesn't help that school systems, in an effort to maximize usage, put pretty heavy loads on this drivers to run multiple routes each morning and afternoon, with unruly kids who know that drivers, like school teachers today are powerless when it comes to discipline and enforcing the, so called, bus rules.

Add to that, commuters who now regularly ignore traffic rules around school buses and emergency vehicles, either because of lack of attention (cell phones, or ipods with ear buds, etc) or due to a complete lack of common sense.

A poor combination of circumstances, and we willingly put our children in that mix everyday.

I think we are missing something with the story. Judging by the damage I doubt both buses where going normally. The front bus had to slam on brakes or something. It looks like the highway to so its not like the bus was stopping.

None of that matters. There is generally no excuse for a rear end accident.

But when you are a BUS DRIVER there is NO excuse. Well maybe one..............

"sorta like steppin on a plum", said CW McCall

Being a public transit bus driver I never want to see such stories. I know they'll happen unfortunately, but I'm never happy to read about things like this.

Glenn

I didn't hear about this story when it happened for some reason, but to be honest I don't trust the drivers or the teachers with my kids. We pulled our kids out of school all together years back and haven't given it a second thought. My wife home schools them and while we are taking a beating financially I know my kids are safe, receiving a proper education and their minds are not being warped by some leftist idiots.

Welcome to the world of privatization. After the school I work for did this to the transportation they cannot keep any good drivers. Lower pay with no bennies and you get what you pay for. At least some private owner is now making money instead of the kids being safe. :finga:

-
Back