No fender tag

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
I went looking the other day and i didnt find one .. This sucks any one but me not have one in there car :happy1:

I have heard of people steeling them off of the more valuable cars.
Ya but mines a slant 6 1965 barracuda why would some one take that lol .... btw it was not there when i got it lol i looked at pics i took when i picked it up

Get yourself a punch set at Harbor freight and go to town!
image_11440.jpg

How about a pink 4 sp with green interior, vinyl roof and a 383? Muhahahaha! Mine is nailed to my garage wall because my inners are gone.

In Australia....you have to have a " Compliance Plate " and a "Manufacture's Plate "....if they are missing, it is a lot trouble to get a number done for it.....they have to be done by the Police....they issue a number after some investigations......and then it must be stamped on the firewall, and the engine too.
This is the one for my everyday driver.

Attachments

• IMGP0691_resize.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 631
  • IMGP0693_resize.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 622
I don't have one in my Duster but I do have the build sheet.

-can't remember if I pulled the tag off many many years ago when I painted the engine bay (back then I wouldn't have really cared about it), or if was wasn't there to begin with.

Contact Galen Gouvier @ GTS. With proper ducumentation he will reproduce on for you. Thats how he started out, GTS stands for "Galen's Tag Service."

Didn't someone make custom fender tags? I'm not talking about trying to fool some one=-- but a tag that is personalized no one could mistake it as being legit. Lawrence

i am also missing the fender tag on my 72 demon. it got torched away when they decided it was a good idea for fenderwell headers. i ve contacted a tag service and they want 250.00 bucks to make a new one. no way will i spend that kinda money on a tag. i have the build sheet so i ll make my own, hopefully. i tried the harbor frieght stamp set, and have figured out how to stamp it , ( what thickness of metal to use, and pressure) BUT THOSE STAMPS WILL NOT WORK. they need to be reverse stamps. the letters and numbers are the right size, but they need to be reverse stamps so that when you stamp thru the metal....they read right. most stamps are backwards when you look at them, so that when you stamp them they leave an impression of the correct letter or number. fender tag stamps need to be "reverse" so they stamp upwards and leave a raised letter.

Mine was in the house for research when Hurricane Katrina hit and I haven't seen it since. I'm sure it's at some landfill with the rest of the house in South Louisiana somewhere.

i am also missing the fender tag on my 72 demon. it got torched away when they decided it was a good idea for fenderwell headers. i ve contacted a tag service and they want 250.00 bucks to make a new one. no way will i spend that kinda money on a tag. i have the build sheet so i ll make my own, hopefully. i tried the harbor frieght stamp set, and have figured out how to stamp it , ( what thickness of metal to use, and pressure) BUT THOSE STAMPS WILL NOT WORK. they need to be reverse stamps. the letters and numbers are the right size, but they need to be reverse stamps so that when you stamp thru the metal....they read right. most stamps are backwards when you look at them, so that when you stamp them they leave an impression of the correct letter or number. fender tag stamps need to be "reverse" so they stamp upwards and leave a raised letter.

OOh, I guess you are right, Dooh!

car didn't come with fender tag...and when I redid the interior,the build sheet was nowhere to be found....soooooo I got me one of these...

Attachments

• photo (12).jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 529
car didn't come with fender tag...and when I redid the interior,the build sheet was nowhere to be found....soooooo I got me one of these...

I like!!!! Were did you get that tag??? I wonder if they make a Dodge one. My 65 Dart GT tag is missing. Of coarse my dang 65 Dart 270 has it's tag. Sure wish it was the other way around. LOL

Try [email protected] $125.00 but he needs you to submit the info that goes on the fender tag, you can get a copy of the original build card from Chrysler Heritage for about $40.00 if your car is '67 and older. The build card has all the info that you would need for a new fender tag, just make sure you decipher it correctly, if you need help with that just start a new thread there are several folks here at FABO, FBBO and other sites that are incredibly good at it. I have learned an awful lot from Matthon here about my '67 Barracuda.

Ok I have been searching on line for Chrysler Heritage to get a build sheet but can not find them. Any one know were to go? Thanks!

My 69 Cuda has no fender tag either. Bought it in a basket. Was supposed to be a 383 4 spd A57, but who knows? - No build sheet, so I am modding it however I want. Already have the 440 for it.

-
Back