no fluid to rear

-

BWDart

Reaction score
all lines were blown clean, rebuilt master, new rubber lines front and rear, new cylinders on rear, fronts bled out fine can't get fluid to rear, help needed please.
Thanks
Bruce

I have bigger brakes on the rear would this be the time to get an adjustable prop valve?

Also could have a stuck piston in the master cylinder.Happend to me twice. Both on new master cylinders.

You should bleed brakes starting at the wheel farthest away from the master. Work you way up to the wheel that's closest to the master.

Try gravity bleeding the rears. Make sure the master is full of fluid. Then open both rear bleeders. Put a pan under each wheel and wait. Hopefully, gravity will pull the fluid back to the rear for you.

Yea I bled the m/c started at the rear but nothing I will try the gravity bleed it has been sitting for over 3 yrs
Thanks for all the help guys

took the other m/c back and got another, bench bled it, all bubbles gone, fluid squirting out, fluid dripping out rear line connection when installing, blew thru all lines, they are clear, no fluid to back or front now, had front with other m/c, whats going on??? Is it pulling air back from the empty lines? all bleeders are closed Thanks
Bruce

You may want to crack all 4 bleeders and see if the lines will fill per gravity. Or use the hand pump Vacuum type (tools you can borrow from parts stores like Autozone.)One wheel cylinder at a time starting with the furthest from the master cylinder.
Or find someone that has a pressure bleeder. I'm sorry that you are having such bad luck.

When I was filling a brand new system, I bench bled the master and then installed it. I opened all four bleeders and put a cup under each one.(DOT 5 is expensive and didn't want to waist any) Within 10 minutes, I had fluid at all four wheels.

If you blew through all the lines and they are clear, then you should get fluid to the wheels. Open all the bleeders and see what you get.

Thanks for all the help guys I'm going to try the vac on the bleeders and the gravity to see if it will work.

If youère gonna use a vac bleeder,, take the bleeder screws out and put grease on the THREADS,, as the vacuum tends to suck air past the threads..

hope it helps

Have you tried having someone push down on the pedal while you have 1 bleeder open? Make sure you close bleeder before they let up on pedal, do this for about 6 times and see if fluid eventually makes it to the back.

got some fittings with hoses to go back into the reservoir, got the air out real fast, once brakes are done I can install the trans lines and get her off the jackstands and back on her feet gettin close to driving her can't wait it's been over 3 yrs

Ya'll have missed one thing, did you change the rubber line from the frame to the rear axle? I had a project that I had the same problem with did everything ya'll suggested changed prop.valve, master cyl. ended up being a 10$ line!!!!!!

Those bigger brakes on the back can throw you in a circle real fast on wet roads, or panic stop, Get larger ones for up front there almost free now with everyone going to disc.

try resetting the metering/proportioning valve, remove valve, remove banjo bolt and spring from valve, pull or push plunger in the valve until you can blow thru the rear inlet port and feel air coming out exit port to rear line. it doesn't need to be set perfect, it will reset completely when system is bleed. you want to make sure that when you start bleeding the brakes that you DONT push the pedal all the way down to the floor or the valve will lock up again(it`s the safety inside the valve that senses low pressure), only push pedal down a couple inches and hold. filling the master cylinder and opening both rear bleeder screws with all lines hooked up (gravity bleeding)and walking away for a half hour or so until the master cyl fluid level drops at least half way is always the easiest way to keep the valve from locking back up on you. then you can top off master with fluid and open front bleeders, walk away again for a while and you should be all set.

Let us know what the outcome is. It will help others in the future.

-
Back