No longer the only MOPAR in town ..not an A body

-

grassy

Reaction score
My neighbour called me over to his house during the x-mas vacation.
He is a Islander as well and we only knew each other's car until he moved into our subdivision. He said there was somthing that I liked in there.

Anyway, I walked in and these was a very solid '70 GTX that he is going to restore. Apparently, this is a California car that was shipped up to British Columbia were it moved owners then shipped to Nova Scotia where it sat with a 69 Charger R/T (I think). It is rustfree where it counts and he has some extra parts. It is an honest 440.

He will be bringing it back to when it left the showroom floor.

Here is a pic..

1162562363_BJ7WZ-L.jpg

He is a Islander as well and we only knew each other's car until he moved into our subdivision. He said there was somthing that I liked in there.

Anyway, I walked in and these was a very solid '70 GTX that he is going to restore. Apparently, this is a California car that was shipped up to British Columbia were it moved owners then shipped to Nova Scotia where it sat with a 69 Charger R/T (I think). It is rustfree where it counts and he has some extra parts. It is an honest 440.

Here is a pic..

1162562363_BJ7WZ-L.jpg

I like it!

Wow, quite a haul from one side of the continent to the other. Should turn out nice!

Isn't it..I don't know which is longer ..cali to BC or BC to NS..either way, it has been a long haul and I know Dave will do a great job. I will put more pics when I can..

I will pass your comments on..I am trying to get him to join FBBO.

Grassy

I bet it is shivering I know my Califiorna Dart does not like the cold.Every time I go into my shelter it says asshole.Nice car

That car reminds me of the 70 Plymouth at .08 mark on this video which was shot somewhere in California around 1970.That would be pretty cool if it's the same car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW18CzVzts4"]YouTube - Sweet Hitch Hiker - Creedence Clearwater Revival[/ame]

That car reminds me of the 70 Plymouth at .08 mark on this video which was shot somewhere in California around 1970.That would be pretty cool if it's the same car.

Not sure about the GTX but I had a honda exactly like that (except it was purple)..what a blast..don't start thinking about a bike now...

Ian.

Matt,

Oddly enough there have been 2 on the local Kijiji..I missed looking at this one but looked at the other one from Saint John... maybe ? I understand that the car has history and has been certified as genuine by Gavin Govier ..i believe that is what he said..I was too busy looking at the car :)

4spdragtop - 4 Speed ? Unfortunately no. It is an auto on the floor with console and buckets. It has the grabber hood with most of the sticker on it. It lso is a 4 brrl and not the 6 pac. I want to get the fender plate but there is only so much you can do with one short visit. It will be going back to orginal.

I am hoping he will join.

ian.

Here is a pic..

1162562363_BJ7WZ-L.jpg

I love the 70 GTX. My dad and I have found one around here that is a 21000 orginal mile car. I know the guy who is selling it to us, a real good mopar guy. It is a 4 speed 440 with the Dana trac pkg. It will have the air grabber hood going on it. That piece borrowed from another 70 GTX I stripped it fom 2 months ago is waiting in my garage. The car is the ivy green with the white stripes. Can't wait until its done! It is literally being saved, as my friend saved it many years ago. The orginal owner blew the cam in 1970, warranty would not cover it, so he tried to pretend it was stolen and beat part of it with a hammer. Too bad the mounties drove by and caught him. It was sold years later and has been waiting to be restored.

Ian,

I know there was one in Saint John, but there was one for sale in the Valley identicle to this one just before Christmas.

Matt

Matt,

Ok..then my mind isn't playing games with me. What surprises me is that I troll kijiji on a reg basis looking for stuff too heavy to ship...don't know how I missed it.

I think Dave is hoping his son will be involved and judging from his response, i think he will have as much fun as my kids..

67DartGT340, I think you snaggled on to a better equiped GTX ..will you be posting pics of your resto ?

Ian.

Ian,

I can relate. I'm always on Kijiji, Craigslist (California & Oregon) and sometimes Ebay to see whats around. Not that I have anymore money or space for something else :) I'ts been pretty slow around here lately so I get all of that done at work!

Matt

And the storm is hitting us fast..wonder how much we will get.

The first time i say th car I was going at the posted speed i thought it was a GGS. I've got more learning to do. I think another neighbour bought a wagon from you..don't remember the timeline..just noticed..

Ian.

Matt,

Ok..then my mind isn't playing games with me. What surprises me is that I troll kijiji on a reg basis looking for stuff too heavy to ship...don't know how I missed it.

I think Dave is hoping his son will be involved and judging from his response, i think he will have as much fun as my kids..

67DartGT340, I think you snaggled on to a better equiped GTX ..will you be posting pics of your resto ?

Ian.

Hi Ian I hope to. We are going to meet with him next week at his shop to go over some of the details. There is no interior, but with the air grabber hood the guy gave us all the seats (need to be recovered), entire dash assembly with four of each dash plate, console and a lot of other things. So I will get some door panels and carpet for my dad and we should be good. I am going to get some pics next weekend.

Mark

-
Back