No luck truck

-
Good post, 'Kuda. :thumbup:

Thanks, Frankie.

That's what I saw while working in the automotive industry. I like to "call them as I see them" instead of sugar-coating. I feel you have to face reality and not live in a bubble. Some times the truth hurts, but if you want to improve, you have to face it and then try to make changes for the better. Some management people didn't like that. They just want you to blow sunshine up their @ss.....

Thanks, Frankie.

That's what I saw while working in the automotive industry. I like to "call them as I see them" instead of sugar-coating. I feel you have to face reality and not live in a bubble. Some times the truth hurts, but if you want to improve, you have to face it and then try to make changes for the better. Some management people didn't like that. They just want you to blow sunshine up their @ss.....

Nice post and great that you gave it your best! Mind saying who it was you worked for in that post?

How did you even come up with that? :roll: Geez!

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I have a real issue with manufacturers that know they have a major design flaw or problem, and keep producing the same product 100's of thousands of times over, just to turn a profit. That is a lack of any concern or care for the customer at all.

Take the Triton 5.4 modular for example. A local power company replaced their entire fleet within a year of purchasing it because problems were already showing up. Triton 5.4's were introduced on 2007, and are still being produced and still causing problems today. GM's 3800 V6's with a plastic intake that was good for about 75,000 miles. They too knew they had a problem but kept producing them. Dodge Caravan transmissions were notorious for years, yet Chrysler looked the other way and kept stamping them out. Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon's will not stay lined up, yet GM keeps producing the same front ends.

Continuing to blindly buy this type of stuff will not help the car companies improve one bit. Instead it encourages it to continue. Through the pocket book is often the only way to enact change.

I would like to add to what Krazykuda mentioned..

I think a second problem is that the US auto industry strives for mediocre.. It’s a philosophy thing. Too many focus groups. (Remember the AzteK ?)

They are happy to build cars for the rental industry.

My nephew who was fairly deep into the auto industry used to talk about high end US cars. He said the Cadillacs had all the bells and whistles of the Infiniti’s, BMWs, and Benzs...but they rarely all worked at once, and if they did work, had a parts bin feel. Same shift lever and ignition key for a Cadillac as an economy Chev.

In a previous post I was mentioning the build quality of our Duster. A member here said they were built like that because the big 3 didn't have to try because general buying public kept buying them.. then came the japs ...

Lots of interesting thoughts, tomorrow I am taking my truck to the dealer for another round of fixing I will update after.

-
Back