no more "happy holidays" or x-mas...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-
Merry Christmas!!
To all, even to those who may or may not be offended.
What ever happened to my freedom of speech and expression rights?

To all my christian friends, "Merry Christmas", to all who have other religious belief "All the best".
Lets not turn this into a mud slinging/political forum.
We've all been drawn here due to our automotive hobbie, and it's a great forum (likely the best).

I believe in letting people's rights and their beliefs.
Let me live mine, in a country my elders built for me.

Merry Christmas!
Giles

with all said here. it is "MERRY CHRISTMAS"! this is about Jesus's birthday celebration. granted, yes he was born in the spring, not december. the world just had to change his birthday so they can make money off of a celebration, you notice i did not say holiday. i really don't care who is offended, it is "MERRY CHRISTMAS", NOT HAPPY HOLIDAYS OR SEASONS GREETINGS!!!!! i also have never told anyone that and never will. anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and have an awesome new year!!!!! jeff

Hey guys,

i know there are tons of Christmas threads, but i just had to get this off my chest...

every year now we are gettin swarmed in canada with all the politically correct "say happy holidays, not merry christmas...its more respectful"..I live in Toronto, Canada and as some may know its a very multicultural and diverse city...I am not racised and have many friends from different backgrounds, but im sick of hearing this happy holidays thing...Canada's law is influenced by Christian law, and the holidays we have at this time of year are for Christmas and nothing else...with that being said, people in this country who are of whatever religious background should say merry christmas with pride since a.) it is not their holiday and b.) if it wasnt for the christian observance of Christmas they wouldnt have this holiday

anyways rant over8)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AT FABO!!!!:cheers:

:bootysha: Honestly, i do Xmas out of laziness, and will purposely say happy holidays to fundy christians. Christmas is not strictly for christians and people can celebrate it/name it whatever they please. Christians of all people should get that since they chose to relabel the winter solstice to fit their liking.

:bootysha: Honestly, i do Xmas out of laziness, and will purposely say happy holidays to fundy christians. Christmas is not strictly for christians and people can celebrate it/name it whatever they please. Christians of all people should get that since they chose to relabel the winter solstice to fit their liking.

call it what ever they please??? what planet r you from?

Ok, I'll call you whatever I want then ...how bout Dartordoofous?
so when you're lazy just put X in front of it?
Uhh yeah...I'll have an X burger with some x fries and an x to drink...

that makes no sense, if you don't like it, don't participate at all.

You know it ain't just atheists who don't like this celebration...
neither do jews, J witnesses , muslims, and every other religion that differ's in religious practice.

Should I start bashing kwannza?????
Or make fun of those who can't drink pepsi?????
Or how bout door to door religious salesmen JW's???

No.

I work part time at Best Buy in the camera section and I made it a point to wish everyone a Merry Christmas because that's what I celebrate.

Not a single person gave me any grief about it.

The reason for X-mas and Happy Holidays ( which I detest these greetings) are they have taken Christ out of the equation and I seen the post about Christ's Birthday Its in Sept, September the 29th he was conceived on the 25th which we celebrate the coming of our Savior, You know, before I was saved I got asked a question form a Christian, He was talking about people who believe and those who dont, he said if your right and when you die you die and thats it you lived your life did as you pleased and had one big party, he said I on the other hand read my Bible, obeyed the Commandments as best I could prayed and stayed close to God, looking to go to Heaven when I die instead of being sentence to everlasting punishment. He looked at me and said if your right then in your eyes I wasted my time being good, but then if I'm right you have so much more to loose than me being nice and reading my Bible, are you willing to take that chance....

call it what ever they please??? what planet r you from?

Ok, I'll call you whatever I want then ...how bout Dartordoofous?
so when you're lazy just put X in front of it?
Uhh yeah...I'll have an X burger with some x fries and an x to drink...

that makes no sense, if you don't like it, don't participate at all.

Actually i makes perfect sense if you're willing to grasp the concept. Modern day Christmas is completely secular. So why can't someone choose to name their celebration whatever they want? As i said before, christians did exactly the same thing to this holiday.

Xmas is an established term for christmas. You do understand that, right? So when i'm talking about it, or in this case typing about it. I will say Xmas for the sake of being lazy.

X burger, X fries, and X to drink is just dumb unless in and out came up with another retarded secret menu where X burger, X fries, and X to drink is something you can actually order

guys i dont think its worth arguing about....like i said i am no devout christian by any means, and i respect most religious views and beleifs...however, i do have a problem with what is disrespect in my opinion to a national holiday...here in canada we are allowed to say 'happy holidays and merry x-mas" but if we were to say happy holidays in a country that celebrates ramadan for example, you'd probably be walking with a missing limb in short order...all im saying is respect the holiday for what is, Christmas, and if you dont celebrate it just be happy the rest of the country does since your getting a free holiday for nothing other than Christmas

You know it ain't just atheists who don't like this celebration...
neither do jews, J witnesses , muslims, and every other religion that differ's in religious practice.

Should I start bashing kwannza?????
Or make fun of those who can't drink pepsi?????
Or how bout door to door religious salesmen JW's???

No.

Should I start bashing kwannza?
A former co-worker of mine from Africa says he had never heard of kwanza until he moved to the United States. He has no idea what the word kwanza is supposed to translate to. According to him, there's no such thing as kwanza in Africa.

Or make fun of those who can't drink pepsi??
Are we talking about people in Atlanta? (Atlanta is the home of Coca Cola, for those who didn't catch the tongue-in-cheek humor.)

Or how bout door to door religious salesmen JW's??
Depends on what they're selling.

Quote: Or how bout door to door religious salesmen JW's??

Do what a friend of mine did years ago, meet the JW's at the door naked but for a pair of short shorts, with a beer in your hand and ask the man "how much you want for the misses". We never saw them again.:snakeman:

Should I start bashing kwannza?
A former co-worker of mine from Africa says he had never heard of kwanza until he moved to the United States. He has no idea what the word kwanza is supposed to translate to. According to him, there's no such thing as kwanza in Africa.

Or make fun of those who can't drink pepsi??
Are we talking about people in Atlanta? (Atlanta is the home of Coca Cola, for those who didn't catch the tongue-in-cheek humor.)

Or how bout door to door religious salesmen JW's??
Depends on what they're selling.

Thats because kwanza is not a traditional african holiday. It was created in 1966 here in america and i'm not mistaken the creator is still alive today.

-
Back