no more "happy holidays" or x-mas...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i know there are tons of Christmas threads, but i just had to get this off my chest...

every year now we are gettin swarmed in canada with all the politically correct "say happy holidays, not merry christmas...its more respectful"..I live in Toronto, Canada and as some may know its a very multicultural and diverse city...I am not racised and have many friends from different backgrounds, but im sick of hearing this happy holidays thing...Canada's law is influenced by Christian law, and the holidays we have at this time of year are for Christmas and nothing else...with that being said, people in this country who are of whatever religious background should say merry christmas with pride since a.) it is not their holiday and b.) if it wasnt for the christian observance of Christmas they wouldnt have this holiday

anyways rant over8)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AT FABO!!!!:cheers:

Hey guys,

i know there are tons of Christmas threads, but i just had to get this off my chest...

every year now we are gettin swarmed in canada with all the politically correct "say happy holidays, not merry christmas...its more respectful"..I live in Toronto, Canada and as some may know its a very multicultural and diverse city...I am not racised and have many friends from different backgrounds, but im sick of hearing this happy holidays thing...Canada's law is influenced by Christian law, and the holidays we have at this time of year are for Christmas and nothing else...with that being said, people in this country who are of whatever religious background should say merry christmas with pride since a.) it is not their holiday and b.) if it wasnt for the christian observance of Christmas they wouldnt have this holiday

anyways rant over8)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AT FABO!!!!:cheers:

Same thing goes here in the good old US of A, It makes me sick! This is the celebration of Christ!!!!!

Same thing goes here in the good old US of A, It makes me sick! This is the celebration of Christ!!!!!

I wasnt sure if the whole say "happy holidays" instead was as bad over there...but in any case i agree...even x-mas ticks me off

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

Well said, Merry Christmass is the way it should be told all around the world.After all its Jesus birthday.

AMEN Snake!! God humbled Himself and became man. Jesus is "God in the flesh".

Well said, Merry Christmass is the way it should be told all around the world.After all its Jesus birthday.

Wasn't Jesus' birthday in February and we just celibate Christmas in December to line up with a certain pagan holiday? IIR the purpose of celibrating this time of year was to keep peoples spirits up during the cold long winter.

Either way Merry Christmas to everyone I hope you have a fun safe day, and a great new year!

If they don't like Merry Christmas they shouldn't have that holiday off period let alone a paid holiday.

They can just go to work and work all day at regular pay scale.

Somehow I think they would not like this idea either.

I always start this conservation with those that don't like Christmas.

Usally it is a short subject on their end, LOL.

Mashred I totally agree. I have never said happy holidays and I never will. It is a holday where we are supposed to observe the passing and reincarnation of Jesus. If politicians dont like that,they can stuff it down thier shirts,lol...

I get what y'all are saying and with people I know it's Merry Christmas. At my job I deal with the public and I say happy holidays to be polite and respectful of beliefs which may be different than mine. I can't tell by looking at a stranger what holiday they celebrate. Many times I get an indignant 'IT'S MERRY CHRISTMAS! in response, which is unnecessary. Just say thank you when someone offers you a kind wish. The 'holidays' can be intended to include new years day which is also a paid national holiday.

The 'holidays' can be intended to include new years day which is also a paid national holiday.

I agree, to friends and family, it's Merry Christmas!! But to my customer's who may be of different faiths and beliefs, I say Happy Holidays! If they say Merry Christmas, I reply the same back to them with more enthusiasm and a smile!

Happy Holi....what the hell am I thinking...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

The world is changing and I can't keep up #-o
I was raised old world and still live and walk and talk old world I guess :)
Merry Christmas is all I have ever said and I am just lerning this thing about not to say Marry Christmas :confused:

I am learning 8)

Marry Christmas

every year now we are gettin swarmed in canada with all the politically correct "say happy holidays, not merry christmas...its more respectful"..I live in Toronto, Canada

Oh really? How interesting. I live in Toronto, Canada, too, and I haven't noticed anyone swarming me with anything like "say happy holidays, not merry christmas, it's more respectful". I guess I'm watching different TV, listening to different radio, and shopping in different stores every single day than you are. And it's a wonder I didn't crash my car today, because I was obviously hallucinating every single radio station (even the ones that are normally talk-only stations) playing nonstop Christmas music. But please do go on. Your imaginative claim that Christians are being somehow oppressed is certainly fascinating.

its a very multicultural and diverse city

It certainly is, which means you can get really well made food of any kind you can think of, and many you couldn't think of 'cause you didn't know they exist.

im sick of hearing this happy holidays thing

Oh! Well, okeh, if you're so completely incapable of gratefully accepting people's good intentions and well wishes because the inclusive words they choose get up your nose, then "rotten holidays" to you. Everyone else can have happy ones while you're busy keeping yourself miserable by whining.

Canada's law is influenced by Christian law

Canada's law and society is influenced by a great many things.

the holidays we have at this time of year are for Christmas and nothing else

I'm sure those who celebrate Chanukah, Yule, Solstice, and Kwanzaa, and even the non-religious who are celebrating nothing but New Year's are all very amused at your narrow, selective recognition of just one of the many holidays celebrated at this time of year.

people in this country who are of whatever religious background should say merry christmas

I make a point of saying "Happy Christmas" to those I know to celebrate Christmas. People choose all kinds of ways to wish me well during this time of year, and I'm grateful for their thoughts, no matter how they choose to express them. I'm pretty sure the primary main number-one very important central figure in Christianity taught his followers to behave more or less along those lines, y'knowwhaddamean, Vern?

if it wasnt for the christian observance of Christmas they wouldnt have this holiday

Horseapples. See above for just a quicky few picks from the many December holidays.

Oh, and there's one more holiday you're forgetting about, that's celebrated at this time of year. It's called National Whiners' Day.

oppressed.gif

-
Back