no more "happy holidays" or x-mas...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-
I went to two large chain stores here in Colorado to do some shopping today. One was Wal-Mart and the other was Home Depot. While checking out of WM the older woman (mid-60's?) checker person gave me a hearty "Merry Christmas!" and I responded in kind. I was kind of shocked really, but enjoyed it just the same. :)

After that I headed to HD to get some stuff. Everyone there was in a fantastic, super good and helpful mood. In five minutes I must have had 5 people ask me if I needed any help finding anything. I was looking at a xenon "puck" light for my basement stairway and an older guy (mid-60's again?) asked what my application was I told him and he said "If you want that open package I'll give it to you for 20% off." I said "Excellent! I'll take it and thank you!" and he responded "Merry Christmas!". :) So, all that bring said, my day was much different than some but for those who missed out....

:cheers:MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! :cheers:

large_you-photos-christmas-dog.jpg

I went to two large chain stores here in Colorado to do some shopping today. One was Wal-Mart and the other was Home Depot. While checking out of WM the older woman (mid-60's?) checker person gave me a hearty "Merry Christmas!" and I responded in kind. I was kind of shocked really, but enjoyed it just the same. :)

After that I headed to HD to get some stuff. Everyone there was in a fantastic, super good and helpful mood. In five minutes I must have had 5 people ask me if I needed any help finding anything. I was looking at a xenon "puck" light for my basement stairway and an older guy (mid-60's again?) asked what my application was I told him and he said "If you want that open package I'll give it to you for 20% off." I said "Excellent! I'll take it and thank you!" and he responded "Merry Christmas!". :) So, all that bring said, my day was much different than some but for those who missed out....

:cheers:MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Thank you :cheers: I thought I was living in the stone age or something Joe :shock:
Go back and get you a plasma cutter and just put it on my tab :drinkers::drinkers:

Really.
lets be realistic.
You can get or make up a Pie Chart to prove any point.
All religions watch out for oppression and often use the term. (Gov, Holy War, Local County State, Holy War)

Surely Islams, Christians and Jews are not flying to their home in body bags.

Just my thoughts.

rel_pie.gif

To my customer's it is Merry Christmas and if they don't like it they can go some place else to buy their computers......

I can DiG It!
MMMMEEERRRRRYYYYY CCCCHHHHRRRRIIIISSSTTTTMMMMAAAASSSSS!!!!!!

Oh really? How interesting. I live in Toronto, Canada, too, and I haven't noticed anyone swarming me with anything like "say happy holidays, not merry christmas, it's more respectful". I guess I'm watching different TV, listening to different radio, and shopping in different stores every single day than you are. And it's a wonder I didn't crash my car today, because I was obviously hallucinating every single radio station (even the ones that are normally talk-only stations) playing nonstop Christmas music. But please do go on. Your imaginative claim that Christians are being somehow oppressed is certainly fascinating.

It certainly is, which means you can get really well made food of any kind you can think of, and many you couldn't think of 'cause you didn't know they exist.

Oh! Well, okeh, if you're so completely incapable of gratefully accepting people's good intentions and well wishes because the inclusive words they choose get up your nose, then "rotten holidays" to you. Everyone else can have happy ones while you're busy keeping yourself miserable by whining.

Canada's law and society is influenced by a great many things.

I'm sure those who celebrate Chanukah, Yule, Solstice, and Kwanzaa, and even the non-religious who are celebrating nothing but New Year's are all very amused at your narrow, selective recognition of just one of the many holidays celebrated at this time of year.

I make a point of saying "Happy Christmas" to those I know to celebrate Christmas. People choose all kinds of ways to wish me well during this time of year, and I'm grateful for their thoughts, no matter how they choose to express them. I'm pretty sure the primary main number-one very important central figure in Christianity taught his followers to behave more or less along those lines, y'knowwhaddamean, Vern?

Horseapples. See above for just a quicky few picks from the many December holidays.

Oh, and there's one more holiday you're forgetting about, that's celebrated at this time of year. It's called National Whiners' Day.

oppressed.gif

WOW! LOL...what i will say is i guess we are living in different "toronto's" then because forever now that has been the case of saying "happy holidays"...if you dont see the signs that say happy holidays everywhere, radio stations saying happy holidays, and people "whining" about the fact that it should be happy holidays (especially the young and educated, me being one who'd like to punch the annoying little liberal douchebags), then you are pretty much proving to me that you are of the nature that it should be happy holidays...I am no devout christian by any means (im actually quite the opposite, and my beleifs are formed from a variety of different religions that i am know quite a bit about), but where did i say anything about christians being oppressed? your attempt to read between the lines has failed...we live in a country where immigrants demand we follow their b.s. when they came here (its really the aboriginals country, but thats a different story)...tell me, your paid "holidays" at work, do they start on the day of Hanukah? does Ramadan fall during christmas break or the whole month? Do buddhists and Hindus even believe in Jesus? huh? please id love for you to elaborate on your point that there are many different holidays being celebrated at this time- its for christmas buddy and thats it! We live in a country that is governed by christian law (tell me, do you think the british were thinking of Kwanza when they made the "christmas" holidays? the law was invented following british christian values) and if you try to deny that you are out of it...unfortunatly our law is not influenced, but taken over by what is supposed to be right according to people who come to this country and demand things (go to their country, try and celebrate your holiday quietly, or get recognitions for any of your beleifs and ways for that matter, and you'll probably be outcast/ oppressed/ shot, but thats a different story)...I am Italian and last time i checked my people didnt come here asking for things to be changed to their ways to make em happy...I am grateful for any good intentions i recieve, but the fact that people practice happy holidays over merry christmas just proves that values and foundation this country was founded upon is going out the window...I love how you think im miserable lol- this whole thing has just made my day!

oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS!8)

Enjoying national Whinners day?:-D
I will point out that your pie chart states we are being oppressed.
Maybey I did get the wrong message.
However, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, ect. Really
BTW, this not anything new, its been going on for years. see below.
Thank you for your responce.
Don't worry, be happy.

In the early 17th century, a wave of religious reform changed the way Christmas was celebrated in Europe. When Oliver Cromwell and his Puritan forces took over England in 1645, they vowed to rid England of decadence and, as part of their effort, cancelled Christmas. By popular demand, Charles II was restored to the throne and, with him, came the return of the popular holiday.
The pilgrims, English separatists that came to America in 1620, were even more orthodox in their Puritan beliefs than Cromwell. As a result, Christmas was not a holiday in early America. From 1659 to 1681, the celebration of Christmas was actually outlawed in Boston. Anyone exhibiting the Christmas spirit was fined five shillings. By contrast, in the Jamestown settlement, Captain John Smith reported that Christmas was enjoyed by all and passed without incident.
After the American Revolution, English customs fell out of favor, including Christmas. In fact, Congress was in session on December1789, the first Christmas under America's new constitution. Christmas wasn't declared a federal holiday until June 26, 1870.

Have a good evening sir.

Kutacando

Enjoying national Whinners day?:-D
I will point out that your pie chart states we are being oppressed.
Maybey I did get the wrong message.
However, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, ect. Really
BTW, this not anything new, its been going on for years. see below.
Thank you for your responce.
Don't worry, be happy.

In the early 17th century, a wave of religious reform changed the way Christmas was celebrated in Europe. When Oliver Cromwell and his Puritan forces took over England in 1645, they vowed to rid England of decadence and, as part of their effort, cancelled Christmas. By popular demand, Charles II was restored to the throne and, with him, came the return of the popular holiday.
The pilgrims, English separatists that came to America in 1620, were even more orthodox in their Puritan beliefs than Cromwell. As a result, Christmas was not a holiday in early America. From 1659 to 1681, the celebration of Christmas was actually outlawed in Boston. Anyone exhibiting the Christmas spirit was fined five shillings. By contrast, in the Jamestown settlement, Captain John Smith reported that Christmas was enjoyed by all and passed without incident.
After the American Revolution, English customs fell out of favor, including Christmas. In fact, Congress was in session on December1789, the first Christmas under America's new constitution. Christmas wasn't declared a federal holiday until June 26, 1870.

Have a good evening sir.

Kutacando

i know the happy holidays thing has been going on for years, and im just about sick of it as you can see...oh, and its great all that stuff happened in the USA but i live in CANADA thanks!8) and you are pretty much still stating my point- regardless of when they implemented christmas and who believes in it or not, the whole point of the holiday at this time of year is for Christmas (so im not too sure where you were going with all that)..and if you knew how to read a post you would see i didnt post that chart, it is part of the quote from the other poster...maybe some glasses for christmas or a thinking cap for you?

Anyways, like the whole point of my thread was, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT! (or wait, is it happy holidays to all and to all a goodnight? lol)

It has always been Merry Christmas for me too. I may not be the most religious guy. But the day is about Christ. I think we should all respect that.
:)

Your going to Cap me?

Just kidding!

Merry Christamas from the greatest nation on earth, America.

Kutacando

Wasn't Jesus' birthday in February and we just celibate Christmas in December to line up with a certain pagan holiday? IIR the purpose of celibrating this time of year was to keep peoples spirits up during the cold long winter.

Either way Merry Christmas to everyone I hope you have a fun safe day, and a great new year!

Actually, the time of conception is thought to be March 25th for holy reasons, making December 25th nine months later. The "pagan" idea is one of the many politically correct things which is now trying to take over Christmas.

"And there were shepards living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in clothes and lying in a manger.
Suddenly a great company of heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying:
"Glorying to God in the Highest,
and on the earth peace to men on
whom His favor rests."

Luke 2: 19-14, NIV

For those who say there are other holidays being celebrated right now, I have to add this: I have friends and family of other faiths who celebrate those holidays who understand this time of the year is dominated by the minority and because of the understanding they have for their own faith, being secure in who they are and what they believe they aren't upset one bit at being wished a Merry Christmas. It's the insecure and small people who are.
To a Jewish friend I wish him a Happy Chanukah, he wishes me a Merry Christmas. I've also heard him say Happy Chanukah in return for a Merry Christmas from a stranger. I've also seen him get upset with the term "Happy Holidays" because it very much is a secular saying. Kwanza is an offshoot of Christian beliefs meant for blacks to understand history, Chanukah is celebrated by Jews, Solstice is celebrated by Wiccans, all of them religious, none of them secular. Once again, the PC thugs have no concept of the people they are trying not to offend and because of it, they wind up offending many more.

Now, speaking as a Christian, Merry Christmas!

Merry CHRISTmas to all.

By me saying "Merry Christmas" I am celebrating the salvation GOD has sent for all in the birth of JESUS. Whether or not you believe, I can not change.I am not observing Hannuaka, kwanza,solstice,or anything else.
So it's Merry Christmas.

For those with other beliefs, or not, or "Life Styles", I hope you enjoy the time off from the everyday rush.

Oh really? How interesting. I live in Toronto, Canada, too, and I haven't noticed anyone swarming me with anything like "say happy holidays, not merry christmas, it's more respectful". I guess I'm watching different TV, listening to different radio, and shopping in different stores every single day than you are. And it's a wonder I didn't crash my car today, because I was obviously hallucinating every single radio station (even the ones that are normally talk-only stations) playing nonstop Christmas music. But please do go on. Your imaginative claim that Christians are being somehow oppressed is certainly fascinating.

It certainly is, which means you can get really well made food of any kind you can think of, and many you couldn't think of 'cause you didn't know they exist.

Oh! Well, okeh, if you're so completely incapable of gratefully accepting people's good intentions and well wishes because the inclusive words they choose get up your nose, then "rotten holidays" to you. Everyone else can have happy ones while you're busy keeping yourself miserable by whining.

I'm sure those who celebrate Chanukah, Yule, Solstice, and Kwanzaa, and even the non-religious who are celebrating nothing but New Year's are all very amused at your narrow, selective recognition of just one of the many holidays celebrated at this time of year.

I make a point of saying "Happy Christmas" to those I know to celebrate Christmas. People choose all kinds of ways to wish me well during this time of year, and I'm grateful for their thoughts, no matter how they choose to express them. I'm pretty sure the primary main number-one very important central figure in Christianity taught his followers to behave more or less along those lines, y'knowwhaddamean, Vern?

Horseapples. See above for just a quicky few picks from the many December holidays.

Oh, and there's one more holiday you're forgetting about, that's celebrated at this time of year. It's called National Whiners' Day.

oppressed.gif

Typical response from a front runner in the race for who's the most oppressed, is this the judgment of Daniel?lol
What ? you having bad beard day?

People bash christians like it's going out of style.
People also bash religious people just for being that, religious.

and pop culture is crusading it.

If you don't know this or haven't caught on yet, then maybe it's time to put down the wagon wheel and buy a tv so you can see what we mean.

come on Dan, put the christian part of it aside for a sec and pretend it is 'an other religions' time for celebration.

Remember who runs the media, movie biz, and banking system....

Merry Christmas.

oppressed.gif

Here in the U.S. and Canada, we still enjoy the freedom to worship God without fear of persecution. In other parts of the world, this is not the case. In China, worship has to be done in secret. In Muslim countries, worshiping Christ can carry a death sentence. In South American, particularly Brazil, the government is cracking down on Christians as Christianity is seen as a threat to the authority of the government.

While we enjoy this freedom here in America and Canada, we should never take it for granted, nor should we assume the persecution we see in other countries is something that could never happen here.

Its Merry Christmas for me and always will be!! This is USA and thats how we do it. "lets Roll"

I think its pretty plain to most the simplicity of what im saying...its christmas time and that is all, and thats what it should be about

I have had a great christmas eve and even better christmas day with my family and im sure most of you have had the same...Merry Christmas!

-
Back