No power to the blower motor

-

jimmieblueey

Reaction score
My 71 dart with factory a/c has no power to the blower motor.Fuses are all ok.Does the power run from the fuse to the switch and then to the resistor?? What area should I be checking for power??

Make sure you have a heat or coll function selected; the blower will not run if OFF is selected.

If you open up the heat control, you ought to see a tan switch that the buttons go into. This not only manages the vacuum controls to direct air but also engages a built in switch that connects the fused blower power to the blower switch. This often gets tarnished and corroded and will get hot and melt around the contacts and that will break the contact of power to the blower switch.

There is a sticky thread at the top of this subforum that describes a repair of this switch.

Yes i am sure I have that those already scanned into the puter. I can post it here, or send me your email and I will send it to you

Attachments

• AC heat wiring1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 234
Often what happens is that the high current from selecting "blower high" position melts both the speed selector and the push-button switch. When I fixed mine (in 2 cars), I put a relay for the "high" position so it doesn't fry the restored switches.

This is common on Dakotas and Durangos.
High current burns resistor open and melts connector.
I've changed mine twice.
Several coworkers also had this problem.
I would check the common on the resistor with a voltmeter.
Should have 12 volts with blower switch "ON"
If you can get resistor out, check continuity.
Should get readings from common to each of the other terminals
No continuity = open circuit

:burnout:

I don't know about you, but when you go out of your way to be nice and help someone, Scan/post schematics per se, it would be nice to get a thank you for your efforts, or at the very least an acknowledgement the schematics were received.

I guess I am too picky

Ed

What is the best way to access the resistor to test? I was thinking remove glove box?

I have a `67 Dart and `71 Demon to test out, both a/c cars.

-
Back