no power

-

dart67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Today I went start my dart (67) and nothing worked.(no dome light,radio,nothing)The battery is fully charged,I cleaned the bulked connector and have power at fusable link into bulked connector and out of the bulked into the car,but where does the red wire go to?I lose the wire in the wireing harness.
Thanks
Mike

Any one know why I don't have any power?
Thanks
Mike

dart67 said:
Any one know why I don't have any power?

Hmm, you have checked your battery cables and clamps for tight and good connection there? Grounds for battery - block - frame?

Do you have the original ammeter? All the power goes through that and if it fails, there is no power at all.

The battery cables are clean and grounds are good.I have power into and out of the bulked connector.Where is the ammeter located?
Thanks
Mike

I must have a loose wire or short, because now I have power and didn't do anything.
Mike

id say its your ignition switch

or if you can.. i suggest you check your amp gauge in your dash..

when it wont start.. grab the red or black wire on the amp gauge from behind wiggle them and start it.. 10 to 1 says that is your problem!

at least that was in my 66 AND my 67
and if that ISS it.. have it removed.. the switch will tak you about an hour
and its worth it.

unless you want your car to burn to the ground!

Thanks, i'll check the amp gauge wires the next time it won't start.
Mike

If it's the amp gauge where can you buy one?
Mike

cosmetically, i would leave it in but i doubt you can buy a new one.. bypassing it is your safeist and best bet
leaving the old on in

Cerwin

To bypass it would I connect the 2 wires together?then buy an aftermarket one?
Thanks
Mike

I thought I saw where Laysons or one of the resto houses had some NOS...and good used.

Cerwin, thanks for the information very helpful
Mike

-
Back