No rear brakes 72 Swinger

-

wremote

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with no rear brakes on my 72 Swinger.

Technical

74 front spindle Actually replaced the whole K Member
76 Cordba 11-3/4" front disks and calipers
using a manual brake set up 2 bolt master cylinder from later model Mopar
New disk brake proportioning valve
81 dippy rear brakes
All new brake lines
All parts listed are NEW

Problem no rear brakes.

I have bench bled the MC
Bled the brakes starting with RR
tried resetting the proportioning valve
Good hard pedal

Every thing seemed OK till I noticed the the front disks worked fine but I had no rear brakes.

When I remove the rear brake line from the proportioning valve and apply the brake I get no fluid coming out of the proportioning valve.

Try taking the M/C to Prop valve line loose and see if you get fluid out of it.

Yes I have done that. I do have front brakes working.

Thanx for the reply

R

I have a similar brake system set up. I installed all parts new from brake line to wheel cylinders from calipers to master...everything. I had one hell of a time getting all the air out of the system and yes I bench bled the master. When I first began bleeding my brakes I had the same problem in it appeared not to have fluid going to rear brakes. Over time trying different bleeding methods I finally got fluid to rear by having helper pump and hold brakes while I went from wheel to wheel. However, I still had trapped air in the brakes that I finally got out by using a Motive Products bleeder (see pic), a helper pumping and holding pedal while I bled brakes into a bottle. Use a small amount of fluid in the bottle with one end of a hose connected to bleeder and the other submerged in the fluid in the bottle to keep air from going back into bleeder valve.

Attachments

• 21tZ4owVJOL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 123
When I disconnect the rear bake line from the proportioning valve and pump the brakes the is no flow what so ever.

R

Crack the front, slow push pedal. When it clicks, hold it there and tighten. You just re-centered the valve.

-
Back