No reply from members

-

moparraceman

Reaction score
WHY DO MEMBERS WHO WANT TO SELL ITEMS NEVER RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION? GET BACK TO BUYERS QUESTIONS IF ITS SOLD, IF NOT RESPOND TO WHAT HASNT SOLD AND THE PRIC. ARE THESE SELLERS WALKING DEAD,BRAIN DEAD:banghead:

Could be many reasons?

Put yourself in the sellers place and think of why you wouldn't answer to some members?

I know I ignore some and it is never intentional. I just blame it on age and a "I don't care" attitude . That meaning , Not having a good pain free day would be one reason. And then forgetting about it afterward another.

Call: "Auto-zone" Even they put you on hold and never come back!

Simple answer is those types of sellers are just lazy..

If you are going to be an active seller then treat your customer with some service..

I have to say that I have had excellent results and communication with the few things I have purchased off of this forum.(items purchased: Disc Brake spindles, LBP Rearend, 11.75 Caliper Brackets, NOS gas cap, all from differant sellers, all with more than positive results!)

The best part is when they put "bump" or "top" and avoid all questions that were asked....

Perhaps occassional users don't realize how active this board is,, place an ad on any other boards,, you could wait weeks for a response..

and if you use all capital letters in your ad...,,

ppl will think you are YELLING at them.. never a good idea..

WHY DO MEMBERS WHO WANT TO SELL ITEMS NEVER RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION? GET BACK TO BUYERS QUESTIONS IF ITS SOLD, IF NOT RESPOND TO WHAT HASNT SOLD AND THE PRIC. ARE THESE SELLERS WALKING DEAD,BRAIN DEAD:banghead:

Valid point-also the other side of the coin-you spend time taking pics answering questions then nothing or the gotta talk to wife/girlfriend/mother/priest/wall street advisor/doctor or the classic-I don't know what the original looked like,I have no pics but I'm sure mine would not have looked like that!!!

OK I will comment on the sellers viewpoint. I don't sell much on here, yet. Actually haven't sold anything yet. I do have one thing listed (not much activity on it)and I tend to forget about it and have gone a week without checking to see if there are any replies.

OK I will comment on the sellers viewpoint. I don't sell much on here, yet. Actually haven't sold anything yet. I do have one thing listed (not much activity on it)and I tend to forget about it and have gone a week without checking to see if there are any replies.

I thought that if someone PM'd you with questions on your item, you would be notified via your email account(?) So you do not even need to 'log on' to FABO to know that someone is interested or has questions or wants to buy.

I thought that if someone PM'd you with questions on your item, you would be notified via your email account(?) So you do not even need to 'log on' to FABO to know that someone is interested or has questions or wants to buy.

Only if you have that feature enabled.

Only if you have that feature enabled.

At least on "For Sale" items, maybe the default should be when you list an ad to be automatically notified, with the choice to turn that feature off?

One would think if you go through the effort to list it, it is because you want it to sell, and sell quickly.

I have had great luck with buying and selling. Good luck in the future

I have the notification enabled, but it seems like it comes a day or two after. I check in here every day and I do know if I get a new PM, cause the box pops up, but I don't always check the ad I have posted.

There's also the fact that we're close to the holiday's and some are just too busy. Keep your chin up, things will work out for the best, one way or the other.:thumleft:

...........I have been contacted by a member here saying that he had no response from the 1st in line so he will sell to me, gives me a price with shipping, I agree to his price and I say I can p/p now then its the last I hear from him, I have p/m ed him several times in the last little while.......he has been on the forums many times and just ignores me..............kim..........

It's really not that hard. Click notifications when setting up a For Sale ad and when someone posts a question, you will get an email notification that someone replied to your ad. My emails come right to my phone and I can check back on the thread from anywhere. I do it with ALL of my important threads.

-
Back