No tail lights need help

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
69 Dart got headlights no tail lights. No power going from pigtail on floorboard to tail lights. I don't have any schematics. What should I check next. Thanks

1688485248115.png

1688485480608.png

Tail lights usually have dual filiment bulbs with a shared ground.

You say no power at "pigtail". Where is this area? So you are saying there is no power at the tail light? Are the bulbs good? Do the signals work?

Signals work . No power from front to the back for tail lights
You are talking about completely different circuits. The tail lights are not on the headlight power, nor are they on the signal power fuse. Go to MyMopar.com and download a free service manual. You may have to settle for Plymouth vs Dodge or whatever. Notice in the partial bottom diagram, that the tail lamp feed comes off the bottom of the 2nd fuse from the right

fuses.jpg

fusepanel.jpg

Last edited:
Had the exact problem. Turned out it wasn't the fuse but the fuse holder. Meaning it had corrosion on the spring loaded clips that hold the fuse. Removed the fuse , cleaned the contact surface and Viola, lights, camera, action. Sometimes it's the simplest thing that can cause so much trouble.

Had the exact problem. Turned out it wasn't the fuse but the fuse holder. Meaning it had corrosion on the spring loaded clips that hold the fuse. Removed the fuse , cleaned the contact surface and Viola, lights, camera, action. Sometimes it's the simplest thing that can cause so much trouble.
Forgot to mention that the dash lights were out at the same time.

Its all new harness and fuse block
Had the exact problem. Turned out it wasn't the fuse but the fuse holder. Meaning it had corrosion on the spring loaded clips that hold the fuse. Removed the fuse , cleaned the contact surface and Viola, lights, camera, action. Sometimes it's the simplest thing that can cause so much troubl

Did you check power into headlight switch and out of switch as well as into fuse box and again out of box for the circuit that's giving you grief ?? I think somewhere in the loop something has come lose or disconnected. This happened all of a sudden ??

I got power to switch but nothing out of switch. I checked continuity and it was bad. I used a jumper wire and tail lights worked. Bad switch i guess. Any recommendations on where to get one

I got power to switch but nothing out of switch. I checked continuity and it was bad. I used a jumper wire and tail lights worked. Bad switch i guess. Any recommendations on where to get one
There you go, that's how you figure it out with a test light or voltage meter these cars are 50 something years old and ought to be easy by now huh LOL

I'm sure there's repops out there but if you can find a used one I'd prefer that. If the repops are cheap and you go that route buy two. Carlisle is coming up, maybe you're attending ???

As post two said, get a factory service manual is what you should do next. After that, consult the wiring diagram.

-
Back