Non-Mopar Mystery Car!

-
Restore it to what? If it's a custom job, documentation will be non-existent. If it's some sort of kit, the original plans should be available somewhere. Otherwise anything goes.

OK, If you say so. Forget I mentioned it.
It wouldn't be the first time someone missed the possibility of a good opportunity, for poor advice.

Have a nice life Mr. Wheels.

SRT4 is wrong-wheel drive...will it mate to a RWD transmission?

Absolutely. Look up the swap sometime. You can use a bell housing from a jeep liberty and a 5 speed from a turbo supra. Look up rapidtransitric on here he's currently doing a swap.

I can tell you right now that the body is a custom made body and the grill from what i have been told so far is a '37 ford grill ..its not a kit car it is completely hand made and I know the front fenders are old motor cycle fenders...AND TRUST ME ON THIS!! A HEMI WOULD NOT FIT IN THIS AT ALL!! LOL

Sure it's a kit car. It's simply a hand made one.

I bet a 221-302 Ford would fit.

Here are some more pics of it ..you can see the size of it compared to the engine on the trailer which is a MG 1200cc!:cheers:

Attachments

• P1010106.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 153
  • P1010109.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 130
  • P1010107.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 172
  • P1010113.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 155
  • P1010112.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 134
Not to sound silly but the grille looks like a old tractor grille to me. Especially with the crank hole in it. That wouldn't be to far fetched, if it was a custom build. Not sure what tractor, Ford 9N would be more flat, Oliver would be more spaced, could be one of many manufactures from back in the day.

The cast aluminum grill is the center section of a 3 piece 40 ford deluxe kit that was available
back in the 70s & 80s to convert a super beetle to look like a mini ford coupe. I recall seeing them in the JC Whitney catalogs. Lots of VW kit stuff back then.
Or it could be the real McCoy ford part?

Attachments

• Z-5small.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 110
  • Z-4Large.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 123
-
Back