Non Mopars on For A Bodies Only

-
I say who cares!! I like to look at all kinds of cars. If you don't want to look at it then ignore it! I have seen a lot of cars here for sale that are not mopars or even a-body cars. In most cases they are selling them to buy a A-body mopar. Hell, I bet there are members here that don't even have an old mopar at all but just really enjoy this site.

I've got a '74 Ramcharger, but come here for research for a future A-body purchase. Having been a professional mechanic from '84-'95, I also like to help when I can. Am I still allowed to be on this site? Jeez.....

Same go's for me !
I had a 63 Valiant signet 200 when I found this great site.
And as most of you know I will be looking for my next A bodie.
I have learned a lot of good info here that will help me make a good decision on my
next car. And you can count on me to use the folks here when I build my 440 or 360.
Yep I do not have an A body at this time, And I dig this site.

This is a great site and has given me a lot of information and motivation to get working on my car. I used to have a 67 Dart, until I got run over by an 18-wheeler on the expressway. Now I have a 72' Charger (Note: not a A body) and still get valuable information from experienced and knowledgeable mopar folks who are nice enough to help others. I am always on the look out for my next 67' Dart. Car people have a reputation for being nice and helpful to other car people. Let's try not to screw that up.

speedy, the bottom line is, why are you trying to sell a chevy on a mopar site? wouldn't it be conducive to sell it on thirdgen.org? i don't care that you have owned 150 + mopars. most of us have only had a few, for me its about 7. but that is irrelevevant. what is relevant is what would happen if you posted your mopar on thirdgen.org? they would tell you to go post it elsewhere. i have friends that drive chevys and fords, i don't hate them (pre 75 on most is all i like unless your talking gnx) i just think there is a place for them.

i like this site alot and its members, but everyone has their opinion. yes its just a forum, but this is a specific forum for a reason.

Dustpan said:
Well, when I joined, I didn't have an A body. I owned a Datsun 280ZX with a 350 chevy in it. I joined to get some insite into the nuances of the A bodies, so I could make an educated choice when I purchased one. I am still trying to sell my Datsun, but I will not put it on a Mopar site to sell it. I have gone to the Datsun/Nissan sites to try. Only makes sense, doesn't it?

i say post it..bc i would love to see it and u never know who would be interested..like MUWAH!!!

Wilnutt said:
i say post it..bc i would love to see it and u never know who would be interested..like MUWAH!!!

Check my garage for pics. and PM me for info.

I don't mind others(non-Mopar folks or Mopar) viewing and commenting on things, but I don't want to see a bunch of non-Mopar stuff for sale on here. There is plenty of other web sites they can sell their stuff on that would be in their category.

AdamR said:
I agree with Wilnut, I believ people join because they love the A bodies even if they dont own one at the moment. Maybe they are just looking for the right car and trying to sell the wrong one.

I Agree 2!!!!It's never too late.

The Dart -Nº1,2.jpg

The thing I find funny is how over the top people can get with brand loyalty, back when I was in highschool I had a Challenger, my friends had Mustangs, Camaros, and Chevelles and Darts. We all helped each other work on our cars and thought we all had cool cars.

Things have gotten so extreme nowadays, people get beat up for the music they listen to, get hated for the cars they drive, good thing we are sooooo tolerant now.... not like back when I was growing up :(

I say live and let live!
I sold a restored 71 conv vette when I bought my Dart. Then sold my 81 t-top vette when I finished the Dart.
You know I sometimes miss my Vettes, doesn't make me a bad person does it?

*sniff * *sniff* :love7:
man i love this family.....i call for group hug. :wav:

as for sales, meh, i got bigger things to worry about.
like a few people said, don't like it, don't look at it.
i have seen a few nice "other" cars on the "nonmopar" area....nice is nice to me.

my 2 cents,
blind :glasses1:

redfastback said:
speedy, the bottom line is, why are you trying to sell a chevy on a mopar site? wouldn't it be conducive to sell it on thirdgen.org? i don't care that you have owned 150 + mopars. most of us have only had a few, for me its about 7. but that is irrelevevant. what is relevant is what would happen if you posted your mopar on thirdgen.org? they would tell you to go post it elsewhere. i have friends that drive chevys and fords, i don't hate them (pre 75 on most is all i like unless your talking gnx) i just think there is a place for them.

i like this site alot and its members, but everyone has their opinion. yes its just a forum, but this is a specific forum for a reason.

i have already answered all your questions in my previous post. i OFFERED it here in case it would please a member...perhaps a member here has a friend looking for such a car. it is a collectable, just as A body Mopars are. also THIS SITE says i may post it here! ...and YES it is listed at 3rd gen.org. i don`t know what there rules are regarding what one can or cannot sell, but "bottom line" i`m much more active in this group and thats because i like it here, i like A body Mopars and i like most the members here...there are a FEW exceptions however!

This is somewhat like the people that gripe about how offended they are by some show on tv, stop watching it.

If you don't want to read about a Chevy for sale, don't.

You must live a charmed life if this is enough to get your knickers in a bunch. :toothy7:

get your knickers in a bunch. Good one Rob. :toothy7:

Well! Well! Well! is this thread still going. :-|

Life is to short so lets humble our selves and have a good day. :blob:

I feel I should say something on this subject now that a lot of the guys have. I really don't mind members trying to sell there "non" mopar cars on this site, hell a few weeks ago one of the members had a 71 torino cobra CJ for sale and if it had been closer to home and had a 4 speed I might have had a look at it (and that's saying something considering I got a real hate on for fords). But it's like the guys say, this really isn't the best site to post non mopars on unless you're thinking of upgrading or unless you're just "flooding" all the car sites with the same sales ad. Where I would draw the line is trying to sell non mopar parts on this site, that's just wrong and takes up valuable hard drive space more suited for jokes from MeMike.

Terry :burnout:

I saw a carmaro in the Mopar gallery. Reminds me of buying a Mopar mag and seeing the die cast chevy model full page advertisements in there. :puke: I can see asking questions and/or selling an off brand here, but pics in the Mopar gallery don't seem right. Now if Chrysler hadn't sold the carmaro design to gm back in 66, it would work.

I say no problems Speedy, if the owner and administrators don't have a problem with it then who cares what anyone else thinks. They can always start their own site and allow what they want.

Bottom line is Im not going to tell anyone they cant be a member of the board because they dont currently own an A body. If you dont agree with me thats fine. Dont PM me and threaten to leave the board if I dont because I wont tell someone they cant be a member. If its something your going to leave the board over Im not going to loose andy sleep over it. I hate to see people go but you know what they say, You cant please everyone.

this is just an opportunity for "RAH-RAH`s" to show brand loyalty...its kinda the same mentality that starts fights at sporting events like soccer games!
Walter P Chrysler was a great man.
the Dodge brothers made many great accomplishments!
back in Mopars NASCAR hayday and early NHRA the Direct Connection team (department at Chrysler) also did some very neat and innovative things!
i know that the cast iron Torqueflight was the basis of EVERY major manufacturers "future" transmission design.
i know the Chysler Airflow was lightyears ahead of its time!
i know unibody design by Chrysler in 1962 was the wave of the future all manufacturers are using today.
...and most of all i know the design of the MOPAR 426 HEMI was the basis for every internal combustion drag strip record!!! from Keith Black to Pink to Kenny Bernstein, Big Daddy Don Garlits, Billy Meyers...the list goes on!
(not to mention the factory SuperStock record in a lil A-body Dart!!! 1968 and still holding!)
thats it. i`m off this thread...***** all ya want, YES I PUT MY CAMARO FOR SALE ON THIS SITE!
some of y`all are jus a bunch a wanna-bee`s and whiners!

AdamR said:
Bottom line is Im not going to tell anyone they cant be a member of the board because they dont currently own an A body. If you dont agree with me thats fine. Dont PM me and threaten to leave the board if I dont because I wont tell someone they cant be a member. If its something your going to leave the board over Im not going to loose andy sleep over it. I hate to see people go but you know what they say, You cant please everyone.

There you have it folks.

I got a PM also telling me how qualified this person was to say what they did. Um, OK.

Hey wait, shh. Did you hear that? Let's not continue to beat this dead horse.

Maybe if youre really mad you should sell me your a body and boycott the site. Its stablemates will be a 72 Swinger a 69 cuda and a 64 dart

how old is this guy to have owned 150+ mopars that were titled and tagged? anyone do the math? how much a year does reg and insurance cost???

i hope its sold and bought a mopar. besides, i can't help but bag on the worst era of cars, regardless of who made them. even caddy had a bag of **** called the cimarron which was a cavalier with leather seats.

lets put this thread to bed...........

-
Back