Nope of the day

-
I would not even climb up there to start with

nope.jpg

That is an endangered species. Takes a special permit to catch one

Alligator Gar , on the dams in south Dakota , you can see them swimming in the Missouri river by the spillways , docile fish .. get really big

Chit. Not here they ain't. They are an invasive here. And get THIS. The Georgia DNR in all its infinite wisdom STOCKED a local lake with them years ago when the lake was first built. I've been trying to get a straight answer from them for years WHY and no one will say. I believe they "thought" they were doing something good, but they kill and eat every other species of fish and they are the most abundant fish in that lake. They ask people constantly to fish them out. I had a friend that caught one bigger than in the picture I posted. THey aren't worth a damn to eat, either sa they have three times the bones most other fish do. I'd love to find the cat responsible for stocking aligator gar in any lake and punch their lights out.
I stand corrected. You're right. The lake I spoke about was stocked with short nosed gar. They are BEGGIN people to come fish um out. I would go but the one time my son and I went, when we were coming back in, there was an elderly gentleman whose boat had got away from him on the dock. He jumped in to try to retrieve it and drowned. He was floatin by the dock when we came in with the EMTs going out to get him. Sad. We never went back.

But who the heck wants to swim and catch one!!?? Nope, nope, nope. Period!!!

they are bottom feeders , their jaws don't open and close enough to harm humans .. friend of mine dives out there and claims he has seen cat fish big as a refrigerator
could be tall tale , no idea.. not going diving to find out

they are bottom feeders , their jaws don't open and close enough to harm humans .. friend of mine dives out there and claims he has seen cat fish big as a refrigerator
could be tall tale , no idea.. not going diving to find out
I'd run into one that COULD open his mouth plenty wide. Nope, nope, nope!!

Chit. Not here they ain't. They are an invasive here. And get THIS. The Georgia DNR in all its infinite wisdom STOCKED a local lake with them years ago when the lake was first built. I've been trying to get a straight answer from them for years WHY and no one will say. I believe they "thought" they were doing something good, but they kill and eat every other species of fish and they are the most abundant fish in that lake. They ask people constantly to fish them out. I had a friend that caught one bigger than in the picture I posted. THey aren't worth a damn to eat, either sa they have three times the bones most other fish do. I'd love to find the cat responsible for stocking aligator gar in any lake and punch their lights out.

I stand corrected. You're right. The lake I spoke about was stocked with short nosed gar. They are BEGGIN people to come fish um out. I would go but the one time my son and I went, when we were coming back in, there was an elderly gentleman whose boat had got away from him on the dock. He jumped in to try to retrieve it and drowned. He was floatin by the dock when we came in with the EMTs going out to get him. Sad. We never went back.
My wife's sister and brother-in-law have a place on Hartwell. We visited a few years ago and were just out tooling around on jet skis. We stopped to jump in and cool off, and I saw a plastic water bottle bobbing up and down in the water. Pulled it up and it was a mini jug line, but had a Gar about a foot long on it. I asked my brother-in-law WTH is this thing?!? He said let me see it....and when I handed the bottle to him he warped in over the back of the jet ski and put it out of its misery. He told me what it was and how the lakes were infested with them because some genius stocked them years ago. Scary lookin little critter, so I don't want to be around a big'n!

-
Back