nos veterans help plz

-

bignasty123

Reaction score
i have a valiant with a 408 considering on running a 100 shot max on it..i know everyone suggests to run electric fuel pump but i have a hi flo carter mech fuel pump..i ant to know who has run 100 shot or more with the mech pump..and any issues?i dot want to do a stand alon but i will if i have to but just want to see some rebels like me who dont have cash to thro away ...thanks moparts

It all depends on what the HP level is on your engine as it stands now, & is the pump able to keep up with the demand, Lets just say your at 425 HP, you shoot 100 through it, can the pump comfirtably feed 525 HP, I'm talking FWHP not RWHP, I'm sure the carter street/strip pump can feed a solid 450-475 HP with no issues, If your at 425-450 on that 408 i wouldn't trust it, I would run a deticated system, you won't be happy for long on 100, 150 feels pretty good, start off with a 125, either get a Mega pump & run 2 Regulators, one for the engine, the other for the plate, Those pumps will comfirtably feed 800-1000 HP, or run a seperate line & use a blue for the plate with reg. Even a red will supply the nitrous side.

Can a 100gph, 7 PSI pump feed an engine with 513 HP plus 100 shot?

Are you asking or telling, if your asking, I would say no way, you are on the edge on just motor. thats about what a carter street/strip pump puts out, I would run either the mega pump, or run 2 lines, The engine use a black & a blue/red for the nitrous, regulate both & have 2 cowl fuel gauges so you can monitor pressure. just make sure you have a rear type sump, either off the factory tank or a cell.

cool thanks makes sense i have a 5 gallon fuel cell and a electric pump just wanted to make sure...ill jus run a stand alonr fot the nitrous...

Not worth the risk. Mechanical pumps are rated differently than electric ones. Most mechanical pump cant keep up supplying both the cab and fuel solenoid.

Are you asking or telling, if your asking, I would say no way, you are on the edge on just motor. thats about what a carter street/strip pump puts out, I would run either the mega pump, or run 2 lines, The engine use a black & a blue/red for the nitrous, regulate both & have 2 cowl fuel gauges so you can monitor pressure. just make sure you have a rear type sump, either off the factory tank or a cell.

I was asking. You're right on, it's a Carter pump. Found an Edlebrock pump that puts out 160 GPH....would that do?

I was asking. You're right on, it's a Carter pump. Found an Edlebrock pump that puts out 160 GPH....would that do?

I'd run 2 elec. pumps or one BIG one, this way you'll never have to worry, unless you only throw a 100-125 max at it, Then i'd run a holley black.

-
Back