Not a good day

-

jameskernz

duster Man
Reaction score
My father passed away today. He had a good long life of 94 years. with the last few not good. He had a stoke a few years ago that left him not able to speak and unable to help himself. Ended up in a nursing home and hated it. now just gave up.. We knew it was coming but that does not make it any easier, sitting and watch him take his last breath. He is in a better place now but it is very hard to take.
Jim

Sorry to hear about the sad news, your father lived a long life, prayers sent.

James,My wife and I send our deepest prayers for you at this time,and hope you have close friends around you at this time.I know it,s hard,and part of life,but it still hurts like hell,been there,done that,and we are here for you and the family,Mr&Mrs.Mopartech

My deepest condolences to you and your family in this difficult time of loss.

Sure am sorry. That was one of the toughest things I ever went through. You have my condolences and prayers.

So sorry to hear of your loss. I do know how you feel. I lost mine 5 years ago., at 89. He spent his last three years in a care facility, and was miserable the whole time. I still miss him. As hard as it was to lose him, it was even harder to see him suffer. My prayers are with you.

Death is never an easy thing...Sorry for your loss...

Think about the good years. My aunt used to sort of brag how my Gramps made it past his 100th birthday

The truth is the last 5 or more years were a mess. He was in a home, completely senile, and had no idea who she was. Sometimes living longer is not better

Hope you and your Dad had a great relationship.

Prayers sent from my family to yours. Praying that God will give you comfort and peace to get through this hard time.

Truly sad for you and your family, You have my condolences. I lost my dad 11 months ago, still having a hard time with it.

A comforting scripture for me is at Revelation 21:3,4: (3) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. (4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Very sad for your loss. Thoughts are with you and your family. Like mentioned, remember the good times not the last. At 94 you must have many to bring a smile or two.........

Condolences sent. The family went through this,hard to deal with. Remember the good times, that's where the memories lie.

Sorry to hear about this.

I think that he was not happy with his quality of life after the stroke, and is not suffering any more. Hopefully that can give you some comfort in your sad time....

94 years is one hell of a run... I don't think I'll make it that far.

Its always hard losing someone you love. I hope you can find peace knowing that your dad is in a better place now. Please accept my condolences. Remember the good times you had, as those memories will help lift your spirits and help get you through the tough days ahead.

All I can say is that it was good for you to have been there for his passing.
I think they know regardless.

I missed both of my parents leaving.
At 92, I'm wondering if he was a WWII vet.

Sorry you lost your dad. Never an easy thing to deal with.

-
Back