Not a Mopar, but I'd drive this in a heartbeat!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And no, I don't mean a bowtie 'heartbeat'!

Willys.jpg

Isn't this a sweet ride? Especially if it has a Hemi under the hood.
Post up pics of other non-Mopar rides you either have, or you'd like to have.
I appreciate them all.
I just appreciate Mopars a little more!

No pics, but I'm sitting on a '69 Firebird convertible that I've "inherited" when the owner past away and no one came to claim it. Once it clears the DMV, I just may substitute that for my dream car of a '71 Challenger convertible.

Plus I'm the owner of a '78 F250 and a '54 Ford sedan.

My wife is trying to come to terms with a guy who is selling a '63 Imperial she saw in Reno last week. I'd like to have the Popcorn Wagon.

I've always wanted a Willys coupe. - Either a '40-'41 or a '33-'34. I've seen a few fiberglass reproduction projects for sale and been tempted to sell off one of the herd to get one. I'd have to build it a 'gasser' style though.

41_willys.jpg
33-2.jpg
$(KGrHqR,!lgFGjvThMjJBR))M!p7pQ~~60_3.JPG

No pics, but I'm sitting on a '69 Firebird convertible that I've "inherited"

Robert, the best first gen 'bird site is: firstgenfirebird.org
A good mix of helpful & knowledgeable folks,
C

40-41 willy's. I'm with you there. I'd have to do it like it was in the old movie 'Hot Rod'

Yeah,its got a hemi. Out in the garage...Guy next door has a 69 firebird convertable. Project car. Hasnt touched it in over a year. You know what happens next....

IMG_131466119755267.jpeg

No pics, but I'm sitting on a '69 Firebird convertible that I've "inherited"

Robert, the best first gen 'bird site is: firstgenfirebird.org
A good mix of helpful & knowledgeable folks,
C

Thanks for the info, Cal.

I know the personal history of this car. The owner's dad used to own a Pontiac dealership and she wanted a Firebird convertible. The way things played out, as I understand it, GM was gearing up for the second gen run and, of course, couldn't fill the order for a convertible.

So her dad beat the bushes and wound up trading another car on the lot to a dealership in the Carolinas for the convertible. According to her and her brother this is supposed to be the last first gen convertible built. I've yet to verify that part of the story.

Last edited:
For those who are saying they'd like a '40 or '41 Willys, I've always had that dream.

My first Father's Day after Katie passed away, Sarah bought me a model of a Willys. That model, to this point, is a tribute build to Katie. I'd love to do a real one and put personalized plates on it that say, "KatesRod."

what non mopar do I completely love....

not a mopar and not even a muscle car but I want one of these so bad....maybe a good candidate for a 3.9 Magnum V6 swap

problem is they are extremely hard to find in middle America

1968_Saab_95_Wagon_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

-
Back