Not an A... 71 Sweptline 724 original miles

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool!

But I couldn't buy it. I mean, if you drive it, you're basically "ruining" it. Or at the very least taking away the only thing that's actually special about it. It really should be a show or museum piece. I for one would be happier with something I could just drop a big or small block in and drive the crap out of.

I wonder what else that guy has. Did any of you see the BIG Dodge trucks in that one photo? I wonder why he would sell it if he collects rare Dodge trucks.

I wonder what else that guy has. Did any of you see the BIG Dodge trucks in that one photo? I wonder why he would sell it if he collects rare Dodge trucks.
The wife probably said "You have too many, get rid of some!":angry7:

$7,600.00 bid and counting. I say the reserve is about 13K, what say you?

That thing is a time capsule! I agree that it is a museum piece. It should be preserved.

I would think for the rarity and status he projects, I would go through the steps to get a title, for a more confidence inspiring sale for prospective buyers. There seem to be a LOT of posts recently on title troubles.

I would think for the rarity and status he projects, I would go through the steps to get a title, for a more confidence inspiring sale for prospective buyers. There seem to be a LOT of posts recently on title troubles.

Well, the thing is, in Georgia, on an older vehicle, unless you HAVE a title, you cannot get one. Period, finito, end of discussion. He talks in ambiguous terms about the title. That throws up a tremendous red flag for me.....not that I have the money to get the thing...........but if I did, on soethin like THAT, I would want a title. He doesn't say he does NOT have it, so maybe he does. ....and if he does, a new replacement title can be had. Other than that, fuggetaboutit.

too bad it has no title. thats a parts truck where i am.

thats going to hurt the sale for sure. you only have people in a few no title states that can bid on it now, not the world.

I sent him an email. He DOES have a title. It's an older one and has not been changed over. As long as he has one, you can get one.

Yeah the whole story just seems weird to me.

"Hey I bought this truck 10 years ago with like 12 miles on it. I decided to drive it to a whole bunch of shows and put put around town for fun. I never got the title in my name for it. I mean why spend an extra $50 on a piece of crap time capsule? Anyway, happy bidding!"

I sent him an email. He DOES have a title. It's an older one and has not been changed over. As long as he has one, you can get one.
If he was as stupid as he sounds and registered it at one point under the bill of sale, you are screwed in Georgia or any state. The title becomes completely useless, the only use it will have as a piece of paper you can stare at and say, "Man, that guy was dumb!". Atleast this is what I have been told as to how it works here in Georgia

Kansas must be different. A title signed by the 'buyer' that does not do anything with it, is worthless. Andy Grifith on the front sells to Barney Fife, but Barney doesn't register it, does not mean that Aunt Bee can buy it from Barney and register it in her name, in these parts.

Kansas must be different. A title signed by the 'buyer' that does not do anything with it, is worthless. Andy Grifith on the front sells to Barney Fife, but Barney doesn't register it, does not mean that Aunt Bee can buy it from Barney and register it in her name, in these parts.
Same here. if the title is written on saying that it was sold from Johnny Mopar to Billy Ford on 12/10/89, it minus well go in the trash. In Georgia, alot of people sell the car and just sign on the title Johnny Mopar, 16k miles and thats it and the other person fills out the rest when the time comes so they dont get fined for it being a late register. But if Johnny fills out the title like he did in the first example and Billy Ford brings the car home and happens to get very ill and passes. The title becomes a useless piece of paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back