not an a body but i might trade ??

-

71dodge

ADDICTED.
Reaction score
its a 73 dodge charger that is almost perfect body wose let me know what ya think 73chrgr2.jpg

73chrgr3.jpg

73chrgr4.jpg

73chrgr2.jpg

73chrgr3.jpg

73chrgr4.jpg

keep the dart, or i will be making a trip down to florida with brass knuckles, lol jk jk

sh*t guys i dont know what to do the guy wants to trade this weekend i told him ill give him an answer during the week

what looks wrong with it? besides the dents

Looks to me like there's a lot of ick hiding on that one. The Dart you already have will probably be less work overall than anything that comes up. Stick with what you have. Seriously.

no really i want your opinion im not trying to be an *** i really want yto know whats wrong with the body before i drag my dad out there to go look at it

Well for one it's not a '49 Merc rat rod so the flat black paint job tells me it's a quick job to hide some nasty bodywork...ie the sail panels to roof and trunk and you can almost see the repair over the right rear wheel in the first pic..... JMO
I would crawl under that thing to make sure the frame isn't swiss cheese before doing any trades

I'm no bodyman..............wait a minute, I am a bodyman.....That is not an almost perfect body:???:

As a 'fellow bodyman' I agree. Looks to me like the back bumper has a hole rusted in it as well as the chrome peeling. The passenger side of the trunk looks like rust has been bondoed over and is now bubbling and peeling. Pics don't show the bottom of the quarters clearly but I would really want to check them as it looks like rust has been patched over the right rear wheel well. You can also see the the black was sprayed over a very rough body. The Dart would have to be REAL rough before I would trade.
Dallas

I"ve never been a fan of those anyway... I"d keep the Dart! (My newest car is a 69 BTW...)

I don't like the trailer hitch on the rear. (of course its on the rear where else would it be)

the driver side frame rail in the front is gone rotted to pieces and so are the rear floor pans i just found ouT AND it has an 8 1/4 rear!!!! and was a 318 cra psh my dart has an 8 3/4

the dart was even cooler from the factory and yours is pbly in a lot better shape then that. it looks like they put body filler over rust and threw some paint on it to sell. stay away. if you really want a charger you can find a better one then that. i have learned after over 12 cars from age 14 to 19 if you stick with one project it will actualy end up on the road lol

ya the car only has a 8 1/4 baby rear and was a 318 pshhh mine is a 8 3/4 already

BUILD THE DART!
73's aren't that cool and you will still need to work on it.
The only thing cool about the truck is the wheels.

Rotted frame rails and floor pans are a clear indicator that something is very plastic under all that spray can black.

Don't do it.

-
Back