Not an A Body but, what a Mopar restoration !!

-
Depends on your idea of "same car" lol looks like about the only thing that got saved was a vin tag lol.

I am amazed by the effort and quality of the restoration, but when virtually nothing is original to the car including most of the steel something just doesn't feel right.

Dam... That car was a wreck.. Make me think twice when saying "That one's too far gone"

It's quite the car, better than when it was new. My buddy Tim at FHO rebuilt the engine (stock Hemi) for it and it made over 500HP on the dyno.

Dam... That car was a wreck.. Make me think twice when saying "That one's too far gone"

For most of our budgets, that and things much nicer ARE too far gone lol :) can't hardly part a car out lately let alone win the "lottery" and find someone with the resources who wants to undertake a project like that. That's one lucky vin tag though.

Wow that was an amazing job on that car, but really it is a new car with an old vin tag. It is a beautiful car though not original and a six figure car in my opinion.

Whew.. For a moment I thought it might be a VIN swapping, but glad to see only a little sheetmetal needed replacement around the body numbers..

Grant

Holy mackeral......thats a fine tribute to what CAN be done!

But calling that car anything that even infers "original" reminds me of that old old movie where a cop is blown to bits by the bad guys...limbs all blown off, etc, and they rebuild him with mechanical parts and turn him into a crime fighting machine.....LOL...similar - may look like the same guy -- but not the same dude as when originally built...

Still, a beauty of a car.

What would the hemi alone run for if sold separate? People are still paying crazy figures for Hemis.... maybe that is the bulk of the asking price?

Alan Gallant did the resto, same guy the "restored" the Barrel Cuda 71 440-6 car. He does great work but his idea of restored my differ from yours,

Pretty much what they did was diss-assemble a few cars at the spot welds then re-assemble the parts around the numbers of the car being restored.

the barrel cuda is just a rebody done the hard way. and he didn't do the metal work himself. he has a guy for that.

like i said. its just another REBODY only done the hard way.. allen still hasn't been able to find a fool stupid enough to buy that pieced together cuda. only cars worth paying big bucks for are ones wearing all its original metal and original paint. anything else you have to have serious questions about. once the its painted you have no idea what has been done to it...numbers moved to a clean body, all metal around the numbers replaced, repoped fender tags...tetc..etc...

Reminds me of a saying my dad has.

"Jack up the radiator cap and drive a new car under it"

Seriously, nice car in the pictures, but I'd like to see documentation of "during the process" if I was to drop (like I have it....) that much scratch on a "restored" car. I've found statements like "restored, rebuilt, and rust free" to be very qualitative. "One mans junk is someones treasure." Ever since I've been in the Mopar hobby, it's cracked me up what dropping a Hemi does to the value of a car. Follow the formula:
Nice NON-Hemi Car $15-20K,
Hemi $18-25K,
Car+Hemi=$60k+....disgust

I would like to see what was actually saved from the original car. From the before pic it really cant be very much. The car is worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. It's obviously not original anymore and he isn't trying to hide what has been done to it. While I don't agree with swapping vin's and trying to push off a car as an original numbers matching car, the reality is that most nice looking 40 year old restored cars have had the majority other their original parts replaced or refinished.

reminds me of what my buddy used to say. "if man made it, man can fix it". that car owner is seriously dedicated.

-
Back