not an A-Body yet a nice idea

-

HotLines

Realist - Free Thinker
Reaction score
My opinions may differ from yours yet I find this interesting if only this car had more of an engine and less hoopla. The paint is basically flat black which doesn't impress me as much as something you can see the palm of your hand in, yet this is considered a Resto-Mod or however you look at it. Price is way too much since you cannot tell much of what was done to the body from my standpoint as well as the finish and my business is finishing vehicles..

BTW, I my opinion is that the wheels suck, should be smaller and not chrome..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...870411&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I like the looks of the car. It is different. The same factory colors and stripes get a little boring after a while.

Flat black is cool with certain combos,those wheels kill it for me.If it has to be flat black,do it on a custom or a old hot rod coupe.(Pre musclecar)If you like nice mopar builds,google Pure Vision customs,out of Simi Valley,Ca.

Abodybomber, I myself had a shop on Santa Susanna Pass at one time or another, I have a safe house so to speak on the top of Box Canyon yet now live in southern Oregon, I return occasionally. Myself, I have a pretty good idea of how things should look for the mod thingie and basically was how I built my Signet years ago. I think the idea of the above build was sweet but as you said, leave the total flat black look for the other guys with the old rods. It seems that the paint combo is now the norm as more billet is being made and the high dollar look is being achieved. I'm done building even though I have a new project coming the end of the month, hopefully my last, so I can enjoy the things I already done. Your opinion was welcomed and I felt the same way. I don't know whose car that belongs to and the sellers don't know Jack about it from what I've read. All in all, I thought it would be a good " food for thought " post..

Looks like the Starky&Hutch paint scheme but with different colors

The wheels really kill the looks of the car.
Did anyone else catch the sillouette of the road runner bird on the lower part of the right hand side of the trunk lid?
I would love to see what's under the paint and what it's hiding!
I like the looks of these cars though, i used to have a '73 road runner 400 4 speed yellow with black stripes.
I love the look and the body style on these cars.
Someone will buy it and love it i suppose.
Different strokes for different folks though........

Some black with polished lip torque thrust wheels would be sweet and I can't disagree more the flat black paint looks good on a muscle car

personally, i would build my own including a 440 . there are still great deals out there on 73-74 road runners. its another SB bench seat car with big rims and a flat black paint job. i think you could do better for the money. normal pics of it outside and underneath would help

All I know is the type of lettering the seller used in his description gives me a headache.....why the hell would he do that? I couldn't get past the lame lettering so I didn't even look at the pics. The top one I seen it looked ok, lame rims and slip-on exhaust tips though.

I've gotta agree on the wheels being a horrible choice for the car. With the paint job they chose I think a set of black 17's off a Mustang would be the cheap alternative that would still look classy. I would have spent less on power windows and electronics and more on bucket seats and floor shift. Kind of makes me want to try and get my neighbor to pry loose of his '74.

I think the paintjob is neat but, its not all that nice under the hood or in the trunk. Whats up with the carpet by the pedals? it just stops short. And why are all the pictures taken in this dark dramatic lighting? I could understand doing it for the first picture but for all of them? I think they might be hiding stuff. But still neat idea on the paint job, thanks for sharing.

For what they did. You think they could of gotten the headlights in straight
and finished the wiring under the hood better.:wack:

I'm with you. It looks sloppy and hurried. Plus the lighting in the pics is awful. It's hard to see the whole car. Underneath the hood is a mess and the wheels were a bad choice IMO. Cool car just not for the money.

What are those funny round things where the tires should be?

-
Back